Chapter 1

Check in❤️>

Check in❤️>

Bennett & Son Security Corporations

Bennett & Son Security Corporations. Those words were written in big bold letters at the entrance of the 58-story building. Samaria looked up, her long goddess braids spilling behind her shoulders as she took in the 664-foot skyscraper.

It was a warm summer afternoon in downtown Chicago, yet a wave of uncertainty flashed across her face while staring at the tall building. Her arms clutched tightly to the binder she had pressed against her chest, along with the heavy tote bag clinging off her shoulder.

Samaria wore a simple grey tailored blazer on top of a white button-up. She paired the look with a knee-length skirt that hugged her small waist like a glove, and some closed-toe heels on her feet. Her accessories were minimal; a simple gold Van Cleef necklace with matching four leaf clover earrings.

Samaria blew air out her nose before forcing her feet to move. Her heels clicked against the concrete to an unintentional beat as she glided through the glass double doors of the building.

It was no secret that the beauty Samaria possessed instantly caught people's attention the moment she entered a room. Heads turned immediately as she walked through the foreign looking building. The people working there who obviously had never seen her before were stunned by her presence alone.

Samaria was average height, standing tall at 5'5 and a half. Her deep mocha skin tone is usually what captivated everyone's attention first, followed by her almond shaped eyes that had pools of brown in them. Her lips automatically curved into the perfect pout, which were lined and coated with gloss.

For as long as she could remember, Samaria was always oblivious to the type of power she held within the beauty department. She never really viewed herself in the way others did. She grew up super self-conscious, especially throughout all her high school years. It wasn't until her freshman year at Colombia University where she finally experienced the 'glow up' she was looking for. But even then, she never truly recognized how captivating she was inside and out.

Keeping her eyes fixed on the front desk she was heading toward, Samaria could see a young black woman who had to be about the same age as herself, sitting right behind the desk. The sound of the young lady clicking away at her computer was mixed in with the office phones ringing off the hook. It only took a few seconds before Samaria approached the desk, lightly clearing her throat to catch the woman's attention.