Chapter 26

Hey yall! I'm back with 2 chapters for tonight!😘

Seriously though, Wattpad might've took down one of my books recently, because it really just disappeared on me! Idk wtf to do yall and I'm scared they might take down more😭😭😭

This app is really playing in my face rn and ion like it!☹️

The city lights blurred into streaks of color as Dayvon's wraith cut through the landscape

The city lights blurred into streaks of color as Dayvon's wraith cut through the landscape. He was doing 90 on the freeway, which for Samaria might've been way too fast, but for Von it felt like nothing.

She sat quietly in the passenger seat, her eyes flickering from the window to the side of his face. The only sound filling the silence between them was the smooth humming of the engine. Tension hung heavily in the air, suffocating any attempts at a conversation.

Samaria didn't mind the silence though. She figured she needed it more than anything right now to get her thoughts in order. She kept replaying in her head the way Dayvon confessed his feelings for her just moments ago. He didn't say he loved her, but it was clear his feelings ran deep.

Samaria hadn't said anything back to him after that. She couldn't find the strength to let him know how she really felt. Even with the words hanging on the tip of her tongue, it refused to make itself known. Instead she sobbed like a baby, in which Von consoled her in his arms. And when he wiped away all her tears making sure there weren't anymore coming back, they hopped into his car and drove off without another word.

Samaria wasn't sure where he was taking her right now, and she didn't care either. What she did know, was that she refused to be alone tonight.

Her gaze shifted back to him once again as he comfortably sat in the drivers seat. He was fixed on the road ahead, his jaw slightly clenched in silent contemplation. His locs rested perfectly on both sides of his face, blocking her from getting a full view of him. She occasionally would catch glimpses of the Cartier stud earring that sparkled in his ear every now and then.