Chapter 31

Heavy rain pelted against the windows of Samaria's dimly lit apartment, each drop echoing the turmoil within her heart

Heavy rain pelted against the windows of Samaria's dimly lit apartment, each drop echoing the turmoil within her heart. She sat on the couch by the window, with her eyes glazed over, distracting herself with each rain drop that fell on this dreary, early Saturday morning.

Days had passed since her last conversation with Von. She could still hear the remnants of his voice begging for her to open up, causing for pain to linger within, like a heavy fog that refused to lift. Her chest tightened as she recalled the way he walked out, leaving her standing in the doorway, tears streaming down her face.

Samaria knew she only had herself to blame for this, since she was the one that insisted on pushing him away.

Now, in the solitude of her grief, she just clung to the memories of their passion, the way his touch had once ignited her soul. The connection they shared was a dangerous dance, a blend of desire and destruction. She just closed her eyes slowly, although there weren't any more tears for her to shed at this point.

She'd done all her crying the last few days, which was much needed since Silas, and his stupid plan involving her killing Von, had her completely stressed out to the max. Luckily, she hadn't heard from Silas at all since their last encounter, which she was grateful for.

But she knew she wasn't in the clear quite yet. He'd be coming back for her soon enough...

Samaria hadn't been to work at all this week, which meant she hadn't even left the house either. She was just too depressed to move, or to do anything at this point. The fear of simply continuing on with life, as if she wasn't supposed to be secretly plotting the demise of a man she was slowly falling in love with, greatly consumed her. She was just stuck in the grey, unsure on what her next move would be.

Her phone suddenly buzzed on the couch, but she ignored it, too lost in the labyrinth of her own thoughts. It wasn't until moments later, a soft knock on the door broke the heavy silence. She didn't move at first, hoping the person would just leave her to her misery. But the knocking continued to persist, followed by a familiar female voice, which sounded an awful lot like Demi, shouting her name.