Chapter 18

Who up 👀 LOL I didn't plan on dropping tonight, and I know it's a little bit lateee butttt hey 🤷🏾‍♀️

Hope yall are doing good tho❤️ let's read! 😈

In all his 26 years of living, Dayvon had only been arrested one single time in his life

It was when he was 16 years old at Hyde Park Academy. He got into a brutal fist fight with one of his classmates that had been getting on his very last nerve. It was a stupid fight looking back. Probably not even worth the whole drama of the police being called to the school, and the kid being taken to Jackson Park hospital due to sustaining a concussion and a fractured rib.

Ever since that day, nobody ever thought to mess with Dayvon again. And even though he was seen as the nigga not to be played with at school, the discipline he faced from his parents at home, let alone his father, was a different story.

Walter Bennett was no saint. Dayvon knew all too well about the skeletons that hid deep in his father's closet. Hell, Walter was the one that taught Dayvon how to fight in the first place. But that didn't change the fact that his parents wanted better for him, and for the life that they lived in the south side of Chicago.

Walter had always been hard on Von; but it was only because he wanted him to succeed. Dayvon watched his father work hard to create the comfortable life that they currently lived now. Starting up a million dollar company all by himself, and making sure his only son was fit to take over once he retired had always been Walter's goal. Which is why he did everything in his power to keep Von out of trouble.

Dayvon never fucked with the police at all, nor did he agree with the unjust system surrounding them. But, he couldn't bring himself to complain about it tonight since Walter was great friends with the chief of police, which in turn prevented Von from getting arrested for fighting, let alone pistol whipping somebody at the bar just an hour ago.

What also helped were the multiple witnesses that came forward, vouching that Von was only defending Samaria and Demi from the predatory behavior of a drunken male customer, that clearly had no regard for women at all.