Chapter 4

Dayvon Bennett was considered to be one of the most eligible bachelor in Chicago

Dayvon Bennett was considered to be one of the most eligible bachelor in Chicago. I mean, he had all the main qualities that made women flock to him. He was handsome. 6 foot 1. 27 years old. A Leo. He had money; and was the heir to take over his father's multi-million dollar company.

Von had his fair share of women as a past time outside of work. It was never an issue for him to get any girl he wanted. It wasn't even a challenge for him to get a girl in bed. He knew the power he possessed without even trying, which is why some would say he's the biggest player in Chicago as well.

But, as fun as it was to have a roster of women at the tips of his fingers, Dayvon had 3 main rules he religiously followed:

1. Never catch feelings.
2. Always wear a condom
3. Don't mix business with pleasure

That last rule was especially important, since Von swore that his hoe life wouldn't ever interfere with his job. He refused to mess with any women that worked for him. He knew way better than to do something as dumb as that.

But that single rule alone seemed to be clinging for dear life now, as he stood there with his eyes focused intently on Samaria Skye. It had only been 30 seconds of pure silence after Demi left them alone. He used this time to trace every single feature of Samaria's face with only his eyes, wondering to himself how somebody could look so perfect.

He was trying to read her as best as he could. Dayvon felt like it was easy to read women. They always showed their emotions on their face, or through their body language. When Samaria first entered the room, Von could've sworn he saw the slightest bit of panic flash over her features. But that went away quickly as fast as it came.

Now, she stood in front of him with her head held high, giving him eye contact longer than he expected. She didn't seem spooked at all to see him standing here, let alone realizing that he was her boss. And if she was spooked, he couldn't even pick up on it anymore.

Maybe she's just that good at hiding her emotions.

He thought to himself, cocking his head to the side. She watched him intently as his eyes traveled down her body, taking in the business casual outfit she wore. With her black fitted blazer, on top of a blush colored blouse that was tucked into a skirt ending 2 inches above her knees.