10. Pillow talk [II]

► ▌▌ ■  0:00 ───|────── 0:00This chapter was inspired by:Blue jeans by Lana del Rey

▌▌ ■ 0:00 ───|────── 0:00
This chapter was inspired by:
Blue jeans by Lana del Rey

"You don't think innocent zero has targeted me as his victim along with Mashu do you?" You sat on one end of your bed with a breakfast spread laid in front of you built for a goddess. It was a large banquet of all your favorite dishes.

You are absolutely grateful and didn't wish to complain...

But

Why is everything so dang sweet ☹️

Kaldo sat directly across from you on the other side of your bed indulging his coffee in another half a pound of syrup.

"I didn't want to say anything that could frighten you dear but I cannot lie to you since you've asked..." he sets his cup down onto his small plate
"To put it plain and simple yes, I do believe he wants you for some reason."

This brought a chill down your spine, you can only drop your fork and stare off into the space behind him disassociating.

"Not all the other visionaries have come to this same conclusion though, but I could see the eyes of the ones who did agree with me. Particularly, Rayne"

"Hm..." you avoid his eyes and continue picking at your plate.

Maybe if I just keep chewing he won't expect a response....

There was a pause of silence before he continues

"You know his feelings for you are very obvious now, [name] even if he doesn't show it on his face.. just the mention of your name will make his eyebrows lift noticeably 20 degrees higher."

"I'm sorry..." you respond almost like a question. Unsure as you continue looking at your plate

"Hey... look at me..."

"I don't ever want you to apologize for who you are.. i understand the challenges I am to face for wanting to pursue you, including any competitors. But I believe deep in your heart you will truly pick the right one for you because at the end of the day it's only your happiness i concern myself with."

The look on your face was truly emotional, you only stared at him in awe, your lips began to quiver while he wore a confident grin.

"May the better man win" he adds holding his tea cup up for a toast

"Kaldo..." you start after taking the initial sip

"Yes honey?"

"This drink is entirely too sweet.." your lips pucker together as you push the small plate away closer to him

"Ah so I see no matter how chivalrous I can be, you've still chosen violence then" he responds appearing physically sick now after you've only partially picked at the breakfast he prepared for you.