Chapter 8: Classroom

Xie Jiaran froze. Liang Sunian had clearly misunderstood his intentions.

In fact, he wasn't that delicate; he just wasn't used to it, but that didn't mean he couldn't handle it.

Besides, even if he really couldn't, he still had a thick coat in his locker he could throw on casually—there was no need to hide away like this.

...But going out like this now might look even weirder, right?

There were some slippery signs stacked in the corner, getting in the way.

Xie Jiaran had to bend one leg and step on them, making him shorter than Liang Sunian. From this angle, he could see Liang Sunian's sharp jawline, his Adam's apple, and the half-exposed skin above his collar...

Liang Sunian was keeping an eye on the boys outside when he felt a weight on his chest.
Xie Jiaran had leaned his head against him. Looking down, he could only see the shallow swirl of hair on the top of Xie Jiaran's head hidden among his soft hair.

"Already tired?" he asked with a chuckle.

Xie Jiaran's voice was somewhat muffled, losing its usual cool tone and carrying an unintentional hint of petulance, "My neck hurts."

Just after he said this, Liang Sunian gently grasped the back of his neck, massaging it lightly.

Xie Jiaran blinked a few times and gave up resisting.

His hand, which had been clutching the fabric of Liang Sunian's sleeve, moved down to rest against the bare skin of his arm.

"Don't lean too close to me," he said softly. "I just sweated; I must smell."

Liang Sunian raised an eyebrow, his gaze sweeping over Xie Jiaran's slender shoulder, "Come on, if you smell, then who doesn't?"

Xie Jiaran: "..."

The voices of the unexpected visitors began to fade as the boys finished changing and were ready to leave.

"Do you have class after gym?" Liang Sunian asked.

Xie Jiaran nodded, "Yes, one more."

Liang Sunian: "And you won't skip?"

Xie Jiaran: "I can't, there's roll call." Besides, the teacher was notoriously strict.

"Tough luck."

Liang Sunian offered sincere sympathy.
He placed his hand on Xie Jiaran's shoulder blade, helping him stand up straight before withdrawing his hand, "I have class too. After gym, wait for me before going to class, alright?"

"Um, where's the Political Science class again, in Building 5, right? Hey, Jiaran, aren't you coming?"

Lin Shan, clutching his phone, mumbled for a while before noticing no one beside him.

Turning around, he saw Xie Jiaran still standing there.

"I have something to do," Xie Jiaran said, "You go ahead. I'll be there soon."

Lin Shan: "Alright, I'll save a seat in the back for you."

Xie Jiaran thanked him, then walked towards the track, soon spotting Liang Sunian leaning against a pillar by the pavilion, waiting for him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

Liang Sunian put away his phone, casually draping an arm over Xie Jiaran's shoulder, and smiled, "Come on, let's go to the Convenience Store."

"?"

Xie Jiaran followed Liang Sunian to the supermarket closest to the court.

"What flavor of ice cream do you like?"