Chapter 32: Injured

It wasn't just their major and class that had their physical tests scheduled for today. The sports field near the art building was crowded with several groups of people, all looking miserable and unable to smile due to the torment of the tests.

"I'm so done with this. They should just rename the sit-and-reach test to 'quartering' already."

Lin Shan had just finished watching the sit-and-reach test in the neighboring class. He grumbled as he returned to his own class, sighing wearily and taking a seat next to Xie Jiaran.

"Jiaran, you should have seen it. The guys in Class 5 were so stiff they almost broke their backs just to barely push out 8 centimeters. It was a tragic sight."

Xie Jiaran was fiddling with his phone. Hearing this, he turned to look at Lin Shan and asked in confusion, "Didn't you just push out 3?"

"..."

Lin Shan was speechless, then he lamented, "Dude, here's a sincere suggestion: when you mock someone, you don't need to look so genuine."

"I'm not mocking you," Xie Jiaran replied calmly, looking away. "I was just confirming the information."

"That's called soft mockery, but it's still mockery. It doesn't matter; I'm already hurt."

Lin Shan clutched his chest dramatically, "Fortunately, the sports monitor was kind enough to fill in 13 centimeters for me, preserving my unyielding tendons."

After complaining for a while and seeing that Xie Jiaran was still focused on his phone, he leaned over curiously, "What are you looking at so seriously? It can't be formal logic questions, right?"

"No," Xie Jiaran didn't hide it from him. "It's our school's forum."

"You read the forum?" Lin Shan was surprised, "Wow, you rarely show interest in campus gossip."

"It's not gossip. It's a poll."

Xie Jiaran watched as the gap between Liang Sunian and the second place in the school's 'Most Handsome Guy' poll widened. He scrolled down, seeing that nearly all the replies mentioned Liang Sunian's name enthusiastically.

Some users, even with obviously male IDs, called him 'husband,' which made Xie Jiaran's mouth form a straight line, his brows furrowing tightly.

In contrast, the second place's name appeared almost nowhere.

As he scrolled absentmindedly, a thought struck him. He suddenly turned to Lin Shan, "Is there a way to stop people from voting in the poll? Or to make the first place drop to second?"

Their school forum had three perpetually popular polls: the 'Most Beautiful Girl' poll, the 'Most Handsome Guy' poll, and the 'Best Central Plaza Statue' poll.

Clearly, Xie Jiaran wasn't referring to the plaza statue poll. Lin Shan, being perceptive, immediately guessed most of it, "Are you saying you don't want Liang Sunian to keep being the most handsome guy?"

Xie Jiaran nodded, then hesitated and added, "Actually, it's not right, is it? I don't have the right or position to make decisions for him."

"What's the problem? It's normal to feel that way."

Lin Shan said confidently, "When you like someone, the first feeling that arises is possessiveness. And as your loved one, what they most want to see is your possessiveness. It's the spice of love, the most valuable and delicious seasoning."

He continued, "And I don't think you lack the right or position. If you told Liang Sunian your thoughts now, he might even ask someone to delete the post for you."