Chapter 34: Pitiful Ghost

This wasn't the first time Xie Jiaran had followed Liang Sunian to audit a class.

Everyone in the class was already used to it. If there was any reaction, it was the good-natured teasing looks they received.

As soon as they walked in, they bumped into a couple holding hands. The boy was from their major, and the girl wasn't. Clearly, like Xie Jiaran, she was also following her sweetheart to audit the class.

"Hey there."

The boy smiled widely when he saw them and teased, "What a coincidence, Liang Ge, you're bringing your significant other to class too?"

"Yeah." Liang Sunian wasn't embarrassed at all. Mimicking them, he held up Xie Jiaran's hand and shook it, saying cheerfully, "What a coincidence."

Even though he knew it was a joke, Xie Jiaran couldn't help but curl his fingers slightly in Liang Sunian's palm.

The girl covered her mouth, laughing with her eyes curved into crescents, looking back and forth between them. "No wonder you two are the official couple, you really match well."

Then she glanced disdainfully at her boyfriend and exaggeratedly clicked her tongue, "Comparisons can be so disheartening."

"I'm handsome too when I'm not standing next to Liang Ge, alright?"

The boy was indignant, straightening his neck and speaking confidently, "Besides, if I'm a bit less striking, it makes you look even prettier, isn't that great?"

The girl: "And it makes you seem more talented?"

The boy proudly gave a thumbs up, "My baby is so smart~"

"You're nuts." The girl laughed and scolded, urging him into the classroom.

"Let's go, baby."

Liang Sunian, quick to imitate, held Xie Jiaran's hand and smiled, "Let's go in too~"

They headed to their usual spot in the corner. Xiao Chi and Liu Maomao were absent, and only Chen Wenyao in the front row was furiously taking notes.

"Hey, where are those two? Still not up?" Liang Sunian poked Chen Wenyao's shoulder.

"They skipped class to go to the city center mall and chase celebrities."

Chen Wenyao turned around, placing a paper with the school's letterhead in front of Liang Sunian. He was about to speak when he noticed Xie Jiaran and waved with a smile, "Morning, brother, here to soak in our class's academic atmosphere again?"

Xie Jiaran politely replied, "Morning."

Liang Sunian picked up the paper, looking puzzled, "What's this? Why give it to me?"

Chen Wenyao: "Today's the last day to submit the application for party membership. Those two lazy bums procrastinated until today to panic. The worst part is they didn't even write it themselves. They begged us to copy it for them, afraid they'd miss seeing their idols."

He handed over a template, "Fortunately, we just need to copy this."

"So long? They should treat us to a meal of Huangmen Chicken for this," Liang Sunian said, taking out a pen.

Chen Wenyao sneered, "At least a hotpot meal, I'd say."

Xie Jiaran quietly listened, turning on his phone to the background of this inconsequential chatter.

He happened to see the dorm group chat where Li Tang started bombarding with messages:

Cute Ghost Li Xiaotang: [Wuwuwuwuwuwuwu]