Crying In Distress

My soul longs for you, more than watchmen wait for the morning,
More than watchmen wait for the morning. [a]

You are my defender and my peace
Without you, I am in anguish
My heart is trodden underfoot
And my enemies scorn my name

How long, Lord, will the wicked proclaim,
"Tonight, we feast and dine, while so and so sits in rags of shame!"
How long will the tongues of the wicked boast,
"My own strength and wisdom has garnered favor among kings!" [b]

But my strength is in you
And in my weakness, I boast
For when I am weak then you show yourself to be strong. [c]

And when I am at my wit's end,
Surrounded by enemies and crying in distress
That is when you come to the rescue and save me,
Arm lifted high in battle, your righteous salvation carries me away.[d]

And my enemies are slain on the ground around.

Who is this coming from Edom whose garment is dipped, and stained in red?
Is it not Jesus, Whose Name is Mighty To Save? 

a. Psalm 130:6 I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. (NIV)

b. Psalm 94:3-4 How long, Lord, will the wicked, how long will the wicked be jubilant? They pour out arrogant words; all the evildoers are full of boasting. (NIV)

c. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NIV)

d. Psalm 107:27-28  They reeled and staggered like drunkards; they were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. (NIV)

e. Isaiah 63:1 Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson?Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save." (NIV)