Chapter 14 Red Hanfu

"Finally, we get to see the CEO step in, let's give a round of applause!" Zhou Shen walked into the meeting room that was full of board members. His jaw clenched once he saw his 'beloved' uncle stood up, cheerfully welcoming him in.

"It seems that everyone is eager to know what has happened?" Zhou Shen took a seat, and looked at each of the board members. He knew that something was gonna happen but he didn't expect it to be earlier than it was supposed to be.

"Mr. Gu I had trusted your ability in the business for years and there had never been a problem that you can't solve in the market but this time, we all have seen how you're so careless over a small mistake," one of the shareholders, Mr. Wei said. Zhou Shen smirked knowing how this is gonna turn and it's very cliche for him.

"And you shouldn't doubt my ability," he replied.

"Mr. Gu, instead of telling how majestic you are, why don't you come and tell us how you are gonna solve this matter. Unless, you are unable to do so..." his uncle mischievously said with a smirk.

"I understand your concern, uncle but seeing your presence here today has solved the curiosity of my thoughts. If you think that I didn't come up with a back up plan, you're absolutely wrong," he said and it makes Lao Gan still smirked, thinking how his nephew would have solved this.

"Okay, would you mind telling them? What's your next step?" Lao Gan asked.

"Of course no," he smirked. It made the whole board members doubt him, they all looked at each other with frowns.

"Mr. Gu, are you humiliating us? How can we trust you if you didn't discuss matters openly with the board members?! This problem had become big and if you didn't cooperate with us, we had to doubt your ability," one of the shareholders, Mr. Tao said sternly. Chen who stood up next to Zhou Shen could just see how Zhou Shen would solve this chaos.

"Gentlemen, all of you had worked with Mr. Gu for more than 5 years and the market never had come down so please put your trust fully on Mr. Gu," Chen said.

"I know how impatient all of you have been, thinking that I'm too young to solve this kind of matter but skills aren't caused by age but experience. Also, I was informed that one of you here had been involved in the forgery and antitrust violations," Zhao Shen said, and Chen gave out the proof to all of them. They all talked to one another about what had happened.

Lao Gan looked unsatisfied with what Zhou Shen had done. Zhou Shen just smirked at the glare of his uncle, knowing that he didn't expect the move from him.

"Until I caught this betrayal, please dear gentlemen, be patient," he said, and stood up, buttoned up, then walked out of the meeting room.

"Mr. Gu, you're so incredible, you could immediately catch the root of the problem! I admire you!" Chen said, and Zhou Shen just smirked.

"It's unnecessary, I'm just buying some time. But I need your help in something, secretary Chen," he said politely.

"No need to ask! Just say it and I'll do it!" Chen courageously said. Zhou Shen then whispered something to Chen, without noticing that someone had seen them from far.

"Just wait for it..."

Zhou Shen entered his office, it's been two days since he got off and he had felt the workload increased. The files that need to be signed and confirmed together with a meeting that had been postponed.

Suddenly, he received a call from David.

"Hello..." he answered while massaging the bridge of his nose.

"Hey Zhou Shen, I borrowed your fiancée to pick hanfu for her, I'll pick a match color for you and her!" David excitedly said, and immediately ended the call before Zhou Shen could even say a word.