Chapter 15 First Evidence

'Since he read that book, he looked like he got cursed or something,' Ai Qi thought as she glanced at Zhou Shen. After they both tried the hanfu, he said that he'll send her bak and until then, he didn't say a word again to her.

"I'll send you back, so pack up all of your things and you'll move into my house," he said out of sudden, startled her.

"M-move in with you?! Why should I?!" Ai Qi didn't expect for him to say it, she's speechless and didn't see it coming.

"Did you get amnesia or something? We'll get married in a few months, you need to get used to my house surroundings and my mom keeps urging me to bring in her daughter-in-law," he said, maintaining his focus on the road.

"Oh..." she pouted, looking outside of the window.

'What am I even thinking?' she sighed.

Once they arrived in front of her apartment, he gave her 30 minutes to pack up what's necessary. Ai Qi packed up all of her clothes and other necessary stuff that she needed in a moment and left others as she'll pick it up later.

"Are you moving the whole house?" Zhou Shen helped her to put all the luggage inside the car bonnet.

"Don't criticize, if I bring the whole house, it might as well break your car into two!" she scoffed, and stormed inside the car. Zhou Shen could just feel funny by her behavior.

Once they arrived at his house, Zhou Shen showed her room which is just next to his room, the main bedroom in the house. After she arranged her things in the room, Ai Qi walked downstairs and looked for him; however, he's nowhere to be seen.

"Where did he go? Disappear into thin air, what is he? A ghost?" she cursed him, and when she turned around, he stood right behind her and made her trip.

As she was about to fall, Zhou Shen caught her by the waist, pulling her to his chest. Ai Qi was stunned by his action as their eyes locked into each other's. He swallowed a huge lump down to his throat as their body touched one another with only fabrics in between.

"Zhou Shen..." she mumbled his name as their eyes interlock with one another. Out of sudden, he pulled her waist towards him and lowered his head to connect their lips together. Ai Qi was speechless as she widened her eyes. However, it's just a moment before she herself sinks together with him.

Then, someone opened the main door and made their intimate moment exposed.

"Zhou Shen, I–" Ren Yi opened the door as he got the spare key card with him.

"Ahh! Sorry! I'll go first!" Ren Yi closed the door. Ai Qi already broke the kiss a few seconds after they got caught red-handed.

"You..." he was stunned but then Ai Qi immediately broke the touch.

"Ren Yi is here, so I'll go back to my room!" she ran away, and his gaze softened looking at her shyness. Zhou Shen then opened the door.

"You really know how to become a buzzkill," Zhou Shen walked to the living room, and Ren Yi closed the door.

"Come on, how would I know that both of you are making up...in front of the door..." Ren Yi mumbled the last word. They both sat down on the couch.

"Cut it off, why are you suddenly rushing here?" Zhou Shen leaned back on the couch, crossed his legs at the knee and rested his arm on the couch. Ren Yi took out a file and put it on the table. He leaned back as he explained the Zhou Shen.

"You might want to look at this document, we found this at the scene, kinda suspicious however we don't touch the real sample, just bring out the copy, police have the real sample," he explained as Zhou Shen opened the brown file that contained a plastic bag filled with a used bullet.

"It's rimless bottlenecked intermediate cartridge, rarely sold in the market because mostly used in the military, are you sure this isn't from the police army?" Zhou Shen asked.