Chapter 16 Red Banquet

Thursday night, Zhou Shen headed out of the car with his full red hanfu. He offered his hand out as she took it and stepped out of the car, her eyes glimmered around her which were full with reporters. Her smiles widened as she wrapped her arms around his arm.

He kept his face as stern as always while she was busily waving and smiling through the camera. Even so, his steps slowed following her rhythm. As they stepped inside through the opening entrance, Ai Qi walked inside with her eyes focused on each of the guests. She hadn't thought that David would have invited much.

The place isn't crowded but there are many guests all over the corners. She got to see how everyone looked elegant and historical in their own hanfu.

Ai Qi looked up to Zhou Shen and saw how his face looked familiar to her in some certain way. She feels like she had seen him in this form before.

"This wig gave me a headache," he sighed, and made her snap her back into reality.

"True, indeed it's...heavy," she looked down with fainted blushes on her cheeks, feeling embarrassed by her own action for gazing at him for too long. He might as well have caught her looking. However, Zhou Shen glanced by the side of his eyes and there's an admiration in his eyes towards her.

"Wow! My favorite couple had arrived and indeed were a match made in heaven," David walked towards them with a lively greeting.

"Your cosplay event had given me a headache," Zhou Shen said, and made David laugh.

"Come on, just once for a while...but, come to think back, I think both of you in this form are looking a little familiar, where have I seen it?" David brushed his chin, squinting his eyes.

"You just saw us in this outfit two weeks ago," Zhou Shen seemed unbothered.

"I mean I remembered that but...maybe I just mistook it," he smiled. However Ai Qi had the same feeling as David, they both in this Hanfu, feels a little familiar.

As they both greeted other guests and spoke, Ai Qi told him that she'll be off to the restroom for a while and he just nodded.

"Can you take care of my purse?" She came back to him, handed her purse while grinning.

"Sure," he sighed, and smiled a little. Zhou Shen took her purse and held it behind his back as his hands were covered with loose and long sleeves.

Ai Qi went to the restroom and Zhou Shen walked near a table, he saw Ren Yi not from far and nodded at him. Four of them were there together in different angles and corners, keeping their eyes sharpened to each of the guests and surrounding.

Meanwhile in the restroom, Ai Qi was washing her hands and looking at herself in a mirror. There's a strong feeling about herself that she saw in the mirror. There is something she had forgotten but she needs to know about it. When the old memories came to tell the past but she couldn't reach it.

Her eyes looked at her reflection from the mirror deeply, her eyes looked for something until she heard someone enter the restroom. Ai Qi immediately looked away and walked out of the restroom. As she walked along the corridor to the hall, she was walking past a person and accidentally heard something.

"I'll make sure he dies tonight, Xander," she clearly heard the person talking on the phone. Her steps stopped a few seconds after she heard the name 'Xander' was mentioned.

'Xander? Isn't he the mafia?' she turned around, and the person had gone as if he's already disappeared into thin air. Ai Qi frowned, thinking what does it mean. If her guesses were right, then maybe it was really Xander that the mafia then maybe there's a murder gonna take place but who is he planning to kill tonight and where it's gonna happen?