Chapter 19

"Ri, I could have walked myself in here you know. My legs work fine" I said, chuckling at him, as he set me down in front of the walk in shower.

"Stop complaining and let me do something for you. It should be warm enough now. Get in" he said, gesturing for me to step under the stream of hot water.

I stepped in, sighing as the deliciously hot water hit my skin and ran over me, instantly warming me. I turned around to put my back towards the wall and stood under the water, tipping my head back to wet my hair. I brought my head down and opened my eyes to look at him, expecting him to be standing in front of me, but he was still standing outside the shower.

"Aren't you getting in?" I questioned him, raising an eyebrow at him.

"No, I'm here to help you wash up. Here, let me get you my skin care from the sink so you can wash your face." he said, turning and walking towards the sink. He came back quickly and handed me a couple of products: a cleansing balm and another cleansing tonic. Both from a well known, very fancy and very expensive brand.

"Urm, are you sure? These are pretty pricey products Ri" I said, eyeing up the bottles.

"Shhh girl, just take them, it's fine. Put your hair under the water again, then turn around and wash your face while I wash your hair for you. Pass me the shampoo and I'll do it for you."

"Ri, I can wash my own hair. And stop avoiding the question. Are you getting in or not?" I said, reaching out to him to grab his t-shirt to pull him in. He stepped back from me, keeping himself out of reach. He didn't respond, just stood there looking at me and shook his head. "Okay, suit yourself. Guess I'll just enjoy this hot, steamy shower all to myself then. I turned away from him and reached for the products on the shelf, grabbing the shower gel. I poured some into my hands, worked it into a lather and began cleaning my skin with the fresh citrus smelling gel. I began humming to myself, choosing a song that had been stuck in my head for the last week or so.

He laughed behind me. "Really Jagi? You're humming one of our songs whilst cleaning yourself in my shower?" he asked, a smile playing over his lips.

"What? It's catchy" I turned to face him and smiled. I started to rub the shower gel over my forearms, working it up my arms slowly, trying to be seductive and entice him into the shower with me. I felt like an absolute idiot and it didn't seem to be working anyway. I sighed to myself and gave up with my feeble attempt at seduction and just carried on cleaning myself, enjoying being in the hot shower.

"Aish, Jagi. Stop it already, will you?" he whined at me.

"What? I'm just taking a shower. I'm not even bothering trying to entice you anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if you joined me here. I would even go as far as to promise I won't pounce you, but if you don't want to, then that's your choice." I turned to face the wall again, grabbing the bottles of skin care and began gently working it into my skin. I was rinsing off my face when I felt him behind me, his arms coming around to cross over my stomach and pull me back against him. I smiled and rested my head against his shoulder, relieved that he had finally decided to join me.

He placed a kiss on my temple. He reached for the shower gel, pouring some into his hands, then took it upon himself to begin cleaning my breasts for me. I laughed. "Of course that's what you would go for first. How considerate of you."

"That's me, just a very considerate guy, happy to help, any way I can." He continued to take his time washing me, making sure every part of my chest was thoroughly cleaned. When he was done, I turned in his arms to face him.

I looked at him to find he was still wearing the t-shirt, even though by now it had practically changed colour with the amount of water it had absorbed. I still don't understand, why isn't he taking it off? What is he hiding? I realised it would be rude of me to ask him why. There was obviously a reason why he was wearing it and I didn't want to push him and force him to tell me. He had been more than patient with me, amazingly so, through both of my panic attacks today and shown a level of understanding and care I rarely experienced from people.

I placed a hand on his chest, as he looked at me shyly. There was something in his eyes I couldn't place or understand. He began to look down and turn away, but I stopped him with a hand on his cheek. "Ri, please don't turn away from me. I don't know what's going on here and I'm not going to force you to tell me anything until you're ready okay? Just know I'm here to support you any way I can, as you have done for me tonight with my panic attacks. No pressure. You can talk to me about this, if you want, whenever you are ready" I said gently, before placing a soft kiss on his lips. His arms came up behind my back as he returned the kiss

"Thank you, Lex. I appreciate that. It's just something I'm a little insecure about, that's all. I....I have a scar from when I was younger and I've always been conscious about it. I don't like showing it. No-one has seen it, not even Dex. I'm just not comfortable showing it yet." he murmured, not meeting my eyes.

"Ri, honestly, it doesn't matter to me. It's part of who you are. But if it's something that's important to you, then I respect that. No pressure from me, okay?" I smiled at him, earning a shy smile from him in response.

"Alright, enough of the heavy. Turn around again and pass me the shampoo. Let me wash your hair and then we can go out and pick up some breakfast. I know a great little place away from it all that does the best croissants."

I passed him the hair care items from the shelf, again more designer stuff, and he set to work washing my hair. When he was done, I returned the favour and washed his hair for him as well, laughing at the goofy grin on his face as I did so.

It was another ten minutes or so before we turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. He grabbed a towel for me and wrapped it around me, pulling me against him in the process. He brought his lips to mine and kissed me gently, before pulling back and looking into my eyes.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that Ri? You're making me suspicious" I grinned at him.

"Nothing. Just looking" he replied, flicking the end of my nose, smiling.

I towel dried my hair as best as I could, then wrapped the towel around me once more, watching as he did the same. "Let me get you a fresh t-shirt and pants from your drawer" I said, making my way to the door and opening it, heading back back into his room.

"Lex, you don't have to, I'm coming now anyway. Don't worry about..."

He didn't finish his sentence. Instead he walked right into the back of me, not noticing I had stopped dead in my tracks after stepping back into his room.

"Lex is it? I guess you'll be needing these" said the man in front of me, holding out a pile of clothes containing my dried jeans, shirt and underwear.

"Shit. Noah, let me explain" Ri said from behind me.

"Please do. I can't wait to hear it" Noah replied sarcastically.

Well, shit.