Ch. 16

Saphrinas pov

"Wake up little one." A voice had sounded feeling soft nudges against my arm. My body was sore sitting in a chair hunched over the side of a bed for so long.

"It's been a week since the attack my love, you need to get cleaned up." My father's eyes met mine as I peered at him.

"I don't trust anyone to watch her!" I spoke desperately, fear filling my heart.

"I will sit with her and I've got extra guards stationed around the room. You needn't worry this castle is on lockdown. No one is coming in or getting out, we've even had some allies arrive today to help scout." My father rubbed my arm soothingly, helping me out of my chair he kissed my head and sat where I had.

"I won't be long just need to wash up." I spoke quickly and he sighed.

"Please take your time I won't leave until you return. Grab some food and take a nice walk in the fresh air. I will guard her Samira, with my life!" His eyes lit as he bowed his head, digging his talon into my hand. A dragon vow, Atticus spoke to Samira.

"Thank you father." Samira bowed lightly while digging her talon into his hand, the vow was sealed. If a vow was to be broken a punishment would occur, anywhere from a scar to death.

Finally stepping outside of the building my body relaxed. All the time I spent in this hospital only reminded me of my mother, I hated having my love there too. The doctors had said she should've been awake by now and weren't sure what was happening.

Gemma's body had healed too quickly for a human, all bones were completely intact and scars cleared. It was just a waiting game to see when she'd awaken, but something was stopping her from doing so.

"SAPHRINA!" My thoughts were interrupted by Finch. He was out of breath reaching for my arm as support.

"Finch what's wrong?" I spoke desperately.

"I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with Gemma and I think I have some ideas on how to wake her." He spoke smiling.

"That's great Finch, what have you found?"

"Well it seems we may have to visit Kukulkan." He spoke softly as my features changed from hopeful to anger.

"NO! We are not turning her into one of us!" I pulled away from Finch walking toward the castle.

"Saphrina we have no choice! Ive been working with the doctors her head was injured so badly she's stuck in a comatose state. Her human body can't repair the brain damage, but a dragon one could!" He spun me around as I tried walking away, looking at me with strong eyes.

"Trust me Saphrina I wouldn't suggest it if it were not our last hope. But she cannot survive as a human, and I don't think you want to be opposite species."
He spoke softly.

"I have no issues with what species my mate is! But you're correct no one is changing her into anything! I need time to think." I ran off heading to my room, undressing and entering my shower.

I didn't want my mate not being human anymore. How could I take the choice from her, of course I'd love her to live with me for eternity. But what if she didn't want to be a dragon, what if she wanted to be a vampire or a werewolf or better yet just a simple human.

Sighing I finished off my shower, the thoughts drowning out as I looked for clothing to wear. My nose catching a strange scent as someone walked into my room.

"Saph?" Phaedra, the only one who used that nickname.

"I'm getting dressed Fay what's up?" I spoke pulling a shirt over my head.