𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙬𝙚 𝙙𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

PERCY

PERCY

PERCY COULDN'T TEAR HIS EYES AWAY FROM Lana. The whole boat ride, he spent every second watching her facial expression and trying to decipher what each of them meant. He ignored Annabeth's attempts at planning and Tyson's multiple almost fall overs. Lana had his whole attention and she wasn't even doing much to command all of it.

He grabbed her hand and squeezed it three times, waiting for her to do the same in return. She did weakly, her eyes still trained on the water around them.

While they were being held by Alexander and she by Luke, the only thing going on in his head was if she was okay. He didn't care about himself. Hell, he didn't care about Annabeth or Tyson. As long as she was able to escape alive, he would sacrifice the rest of them in a heartbeat. No hesitation at all.

Woah, what? He backtracked his thoughts, surprised by his own mind. Would I really do that? His mind went silent for a couple of seconds. Yes, yes I would. I would burn down the whole world for her if it came down to it.

Percy's sea-green eyes looked her over and saw the multitude of cuts on her arms and legs. Even a small one managed to appear on her right cheek, dried blood coating it. The sight filled him with rage, but when her chocolate brown eyes connected with his, all of that anger faded from his body in seconds.

He instantly dug into his duffel back to try and find ambrosia or nectar for her to drink. Once he found the small plastic bag, he held it up for her. She understood what he was hinting at and softly shook her head, looking down at their conjoined hands.

A frown overcame his lips as he lowered the bag back into his lap. The black haired girl softly played with his fingers, running her own over his prominent veins. She hadn't spoken a word since they've contacted Chiron and Percy was dying to really know what happened in Luke's office. It was definitely more than just a physical fight.

Annabeth looked at her too, a small sigh slipping from her lips. As much as he didn't want to, he looked towards her for help. It was situations like these that he had no idea what to do. He couldn't kiss her, he couldn't cuddle her, he couldn't do anything. All he could do was sit and hold her hand. It made him feel pretty shitty himself.

When the blonde looked at him, she softly shook her head. Percy looked at her confusedly. Again, the blonde shook her head and nodded towards Lana. With furrowed eyebrows, he looked back down at her to find her eyes closed and her breathing even. She was asleep.

The son of Poseidon went to open his mouth, but Annabeth raised a finger to her own to silence him. Then, she held up her hand in a 'wait' motion and returned to looking out towards the ocean.

Percy slouched in his seat and returned his focus onto the sleeping girl. He brushed a strand of curly hair out of her eyes and rubbed her cheek gently. She looked so relaxed, but he could still see the stress that lined the corners of her eyes. His chest felt heavy. Even in such a peaceful state, the burdens her family has placed onto her still haunt her.