𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪

LANA

LANA

WITH PERCY'S ARMS STILL WRAPPED AROUND LANA, the three demi-gods came into a big room where the whole front wall was windows. The back wall was covered in mirrors, so the room seemed to go on forever.

There was a bunch of expensive-looking white furniture, and on a table in one corner was a large wire pet cage. The cage seemed out of place, but Lana didn't think about it too much, because just then she saw the lady who'd been singing...and whoa.

The black haired girl immediately began to compare herself to the beauty in front of them. Her beautiful flowy hair, her smooth porcelain skin, her angelic features. She couldn't spot out one bad flaw on this woman and that annoyed her more than she cared to believe.

Worst of all, Percy was there. He could also see all of her perfections and lack of flaws, making the already shitty situation for her ten times worse. He couldn't be blind or something? This will definitely help boost my confidence.

Lana turned her head to peek at him, already knowing that he was looking at her. She just likes making her life ten times worse and making herself feel like shit. It's a girls thing.

What surprised her more than she could ever admit was that he wasn't looking at the gorgeous goddess in front of them. He was looking down at the floor, shuffling his feet to distract himself. Feeling her eyes on him, he slightly turned his head to look at her with a small smile.

Fuck. Me. She thought to herself. She squeezed her eyes shut. NOT LITERALLY THOUGH!

A shy smile appeared on his face before his eyes drifted downwards, hers doing the same. His finger reached out and latched onto her own and she felt her lips turn upwards. He's so FUCKING cute.

The daughter of Hermes returned her attention to the woman in front of them. She sat at a loom the size of a big screen TV, her hands weaving colored thread back and forth with amazing skill.

The tapestry shimmered like it was three dimensional—a waterfall scene so real, Lana could see the water moving and clouds drifting across a fabric sky.

Annabeth caught her breath. "It's beautiful."

The woman turned. She was even prettier than her fabric, but with one last peek at Percy, she was relieved to find his focus still on their pinkies. Her long dark hair was braided with threads of gold. She had piercing green eyes and she wore a silky black dress with shapes that seemed to move in the fabric: animal shadows, black upon black, like deer running through a forest at night.

"You appreciate weaving, my dear?" the woman asked.

"Oh, yes, ma'am!" Annabeth said. "My mother is—"

Lana elbowed her in the ribs and the blonde promptly stopped mid-ramble with wide eyes. You couldn't just go around announcing that your mom was Athena, the goddess who invented the loom. Most people would lock you in a rubber room.