Chapter 24

Cole sat at his desk, watching Carson look through his notes he'd been making over the last year that he'd been Gamma. He'd been given an office off of the gym and he mostly used it for the training classes he did. It would become Carson's office soon, where he'd be able to plan out his training sessions and classes.

"This is really detailed, Cole," Carson muttered as he looked through the notes, his voice showing how impressed he was.

Cole shrugged. It was just the way he did things. He was pretty detail oriented when it was something he cared about. Training and working out had become his passion over the last several years. It was something for him to completely focus on since he had no mate.

His thoughts drifted back to Kyra, and he wondered if he would be traveling from pack to pack with her now. That would be interesting. He hadn't really been out of Georgia much, and he'd never been out of the US.

He'd gone to Florida a few times fishing, but that was about the extent of it. Now, he very well might be traveling who knew where. And he needed to check in with Kyra and Sera. How are my ladies doing?

'We're good Mate. Kyra is speaking to Dawson,' Sera told him.

Good. Is he accepting the position?

Yes.

Well that was good to hear. Sera seemed calmer as well. Cole smiled at Jaxon's excitement over Sera and Kyra. He was very excited to have a new mate. If it was up to Jaxon, they'd already be in Pennsylvania and joining the new pack.

Cole frankly couldn't wait either. He wanted to feel that bond again. He was already very attracted to Kyra and knowing that the bond would intensify it excited him. He also wanted to really be alone with her and get to know her. It was like he had a new girlfriend.

Speaking of girlfriends, he needed to talk to Chelsea. It annoyed him a bit that Carson had asked him about her. Yes, he had slept with her a few times, though the last time had been over a month ago. He didn't see her much except at the gym, and yesterday was the first time she'd mentioned him taking her as his Chosen in probably two months. She hadn't even spoken to him in a while. "Carson?"

The other man looked up from Cole's notes. "Yes Gamma?"

"Why did you ask me about Chelsea?"

Cole watched Carson frown at him. "She said you were planning to take her as your Chosen. She was talking to me about it a few days ago."

Cole frowned at him. "She told you that?"

"She's told the entire pack, Cole," Carson said, setting Cole's notes down on the desk. "We all know you guys are together."

Cole's mouth dropped open. "Since when?"

Carson's eyebrows shot up. "For a while now?"

Cole sat back and sighed, running a hand over his face. "This is news to me."

"Wait, aren't you two dating?" Carson leaned forward, placing his hands on the desk.

"No. I admit I've slept with her, which I'm now regretting, but that was over a month ago," Cole said in exasperation.

Carson's mouth dropped open. "She said she's practically living with you."

"She's never even been in my room." Kyra was the only woman who had ever been in his room. Why in the world was Chelsea spreading rumors?

"So I take it she's not moving to Pennsylvania with you?" Carson asked.

"No. She's not." Cole ran a hand over his face. When had this gotten so messed up? Everyone seemed to "know" he was in a relationship with Chelsea except him. He wondered how in the world he'd missed all of this.

A knock on his door, interrupted their conversation, and Cole scented the air. Chelsea. Speak of the devil. "Carson, do you mind giving me a few moments?"

Carson gave him a sympathetic smile. "Yeah." He got up and left the office, letting Chelsea in behind him.

"Hi Cole." She flashed a sexy smile at him.

"Hi Chelsea," he responded, though he was fully on guard now. If she'd spread rumors that they were together, he most definitely couldn't trust her not to do something stupid.

She came around his desk and leaned her hip against it. "I was a little upset that you didn't call me last night."

"I apologize. I was busy." He studied her warily.

"I understand, since we have a new Alpha. But Cole I'm tired of waiting. I was so horny last night waiting for you. I want to be in your arms, and in your bed. I want you to mark me and make me yours," she told him.

"Chelsea.." She'd never been this demanding before. He knew she could be a bit demanding, and that was sort of a turn off for him. She wanted to be the dominant one, though she claimed that wasn't what she wanted. It was a big reason why he hadn't slept with her but a handful of times. It was easier to just jerk off.

Chelsea's hand moved down and she began to unbutton her shorts. "Now Cole."

Whoa! What was happening? She wanted him to mark her right this second? Cole stood, stepping away from her before she started pulling off her clothes. "Chelsea, I'm leaving the pack."

"What?" She stopped what she was doing and looked up at him. "What do you mean, leaving the pack? Where are you going? You're the Gamma here. I figured you'd be promoted to Beta now."

"I've been offered a position at Regal Eclipse, and I've accepted it," he said.

Her mouth dropped open. "You mean you're leaving for good?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I won't be coming back."

"What about us? I should come with you, Cole. Then you'll know someone there. I can be your mate."

"Chelsea, we've had sex a few times, but that's not even been recent. I know about the rumors you've been spreading about you and I and I really don't appreciate that." Cole crossed his arms. "You're not coming with me."

"I rejected my mate for you!" she shouted at him. "You can't do this to me!"

Cole blinked. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I wanted to be with you," she said. "I like what we have together."

They didn't have anything together. It was like she was living a fantasy that included an imaginary relationship with him. "I never promised you anything, Chelsea. I can't believe you would do that. Do you know what I would give to have that bond again? And you just threw it away!" Cole shook his head, unbelieving that she'd do that. He'd never promised her anything.

"Cole.." She walked over to him, trying to reach for him, but he stepped back.

"Chelsea, we're not together. We've never really been together. We had some fun, but we've never even gone on a date," he reminded her. Why had he even slept with her?

'Because you were horny and thinking with your dick and not with your brain,' Jaxon said, disgustedly.

"So we're over?" she asked with a small sob, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

"We never were a couple." They'd never even attended a pack event together. Chelsea had never expressed an interest in doing so.

"You're a jerk, Cole." She spun around and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Cole sighed as he watched her go, feeling incredibly annoyed. He didn't like to be manipulated, and that's exactly what she'd been trying to do. He sat down in his chair, leaning forward and rubbing at his eyes in frustration.

His door opened again, and Kyra's lovely scent filtered into the room, making him look up. She was like a breath of fresh air after Chelsea.

"What's wrong?" she asked softly as she closed the door behind her and walked around the desk. She reached a hand out to him.

Cole stared at it for a moment, then took it in his own, surprised when he suddenly started to feel much calmer. Proof that there really was something there. He sighed softly. "I just found out Chelsea has spread rumors around the entire pack that she and are a couple and I'm about to take her as my mate."