Chapter 17

Kyra followed Cole across the lawn, embarrassed with herself, but thankful that he'd been the one to show up and calm her down. She didn't know what was wrong with her. She'd never had a panic attack in her life, but it was like both her and Sera were experiencing it. Her wolf would start to panic in her mind and then it would lead to her panicking. She didn't know what to do about it.

Cole stopped, looking back at her and she stepped up next to him. "Are you sure you're up for the gym?"

"I'm fine," she lied. She wasn't fine, but she'd gotten so used to saying it over the last seven years, it slipped out of her mouth without her even thinking about it. Cade saw right through it.

Apparently Cole did too because he gave her a look of disbelief. But he didn't ask her about it. He probably wouldn't either because she was his Alpha. Or at least she hoped. She didn't know him well enough to start sharing with him. Plus, he would think it odd.

"I need to. It helps," she murmured very quietly.

Cole glanced at her but didn't say anything. He opened the door to the gym for her, and she walked inside, glancing around. There were a ton of people inside, both male and female. She stopped, letting Cole take the lead. This was his show, not hers.

Kyra stood off to the side, looking out over the group. They were late teens and  early twenties, and they listened quietly as Cole spoke to them. She could feel eyes on her, but she watched Cole. He was the only man in the room for her and it annoyed her that he had no clue that she belonged to him.

He had everyone pair up and he walked over to her. "Do you want to spar?"

"With you?" She really didn't want to spar with him.

"I have to watch. But if you want to, I can get you someone," he offered.

"That would be fine," she agreed. She did want to spar, but she'd have to be careful and not seriously hurt them. She definitely needed to spar. Hopefully it would help Sera to get her mind off of Cole's safety.

"Oh Cole!"

Kyra looked up to see a beautiful blond approach her mate. She smiled appreciatively at him, and lightly placed a hand on his chest.

"Hi Chelsea. What do you need?" he asked, flashing a warm smile at her.

Kyra frowned as a surge of jealousy ran through. She wanted to tell the other she-wolf to back off, but she held her tongue. Sera was growling in her mind.

"I need a sparing partner," she said, lightly running a hand down his chest, and straight to the waistband of his shorts.

He grabbed her hand before it could go any lower. "How about you spar with the Alpha."

She pouted. "I was hoping to spar with you, Cole"

"I can't today," he said. He still had a hold of her hand.

"What about later?" she asked, giving him a suggestive smile, leaning in close to him. "We haven't had any fun in a while now, Cole. I miss you being in my bed."

Kyra gritted her teeth, and looked away. She couldn't be jealous. Cole had no idea. But she was.

"I don't know, Chelsea. Depends on how busy I am," Cole responded. "I'll let you know if I can get away for a bit later tonight."

"When are you going to give me an answer, Cole?" she asked him.

He sighed softly. "I don't know, Chelsea. I still think you should wait for your fated mate. You'd be happier with him than you will be with me. You know that."