A New Beginning

Four years had passed since Lori-Anne's birth, and the Butler family's life on the farm had flourished. Lori-Anne, a bright and spirited child, was the heart of their world. She loved helping out on the farm, chasing chickens, and picking vegetables with her small hands. Her laughter filled their days with joy.

One crisp autumn morning, Emma woke up feeling unusually tired and a bit queasy. At first, she dismissed it as just one of those off days, but as the days passed, the feeling persisted. She decided to take a pregnancy test, suspecting that something might be different this time.

When the test confirmed her suspicion, Emma was overjoyed and a bit nervous. She couldn't wait to share the news with Austin but wanted to make it a special moment.

She spent the afternoon preparing a surprise. She baked a batch of Austin's favorite cookies and decorated them with tiny baby feet and question marks. She also prepared a small gift box with a positive pregnancy test inside. Lori-Anne helped her, giggling with excitement, although she didn't fully understand the significance.

That evening, after dinner, Emma told Austin she had a special dessert for him. She brought out the tray of cookies, and Austin's eyes widened with curiosity.

"What's this?" he asked, smiling at the playful decorations.

"Just a little something I made for you," Emma said, handing him the gift box. "There's a surprise inside."

Austin opened the box and stared at the pregnancy test for a moment, processing what it meant. His eyes lit up with astonished joy.

"Are you serious?" he asked, looking up at Emma with a mixture of disbelief and excitement.

Emma nodded, her eyes shining with happiness. "Yes, Austin, I'm pregnant. We're going to have another baby!"

Austin let out a whoop of joy and pulled Emma into a tight embrace. "This is incredible! I can't believe it. I'm so happy, Emma!"

Lori-Anne clapped her hands, even though she didn't fully grasp the situation. "Is it a surprise, Mama?"

"Yes, sweetheart, it's a wonderful surprise," Emma said, hugging her daughter.

As the news sank in, Austin's excitement grew. They talked late into the night about the future, their hopes, and dreams for their growing family. They decided to name their son Benjamin, with the affectionate nickname "Benny."