On Set

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. Austin woke first, his arms still wrapped protectively around Emma. He watched her sleep for a moment, her face peaceful in the soft light. The memory of her nightmare still lingered in his mind, a stark reminder of the danger they faced.

He gently kissed her forehead, careful not to wake her, and slipped out of bed. He moved quietly through the apartment, making a quick breakfast and packing a bag for Emma. He decided to take her to the set with him today. He couldn't bear the thought of leaving her alone, and he knew she would feel safer by his side.

When Emma woke, he greeted her with a warm smile. "Good morning. How are you feeling?"

She stretched and yawned, then gave him a small smile in return. "Better. Thank you, Austin."

"How about you come to set with me today?" he suggested. "I think it would be good for both of us."

Emma hesitated, then nodded. "I'd like that. I don't want to be alone."

"Great. I've packed a bag for you. Let's get ready."

They spent the next hour getting dressed and having breakfast together, trying to maintain a sense of normalcy. Austin kept a close eye on Emma, noting the occasional flicker of anxiety in her eyes. He hoped being with him on set would help ease her fears.

When they arrived at the set, the crew greeted them warmly. Austin introduced Emma to everyone, making sure she felt welcome. He found a comfortable spot for her near the director's chair, where she could watch the filming and be close by.

Throughout the morning, Austin checked on her between takes, his presence a constant source of comfort. Emma seemed to relax, engaging in light conversation with the crew and watching Austin work with admiration.

But just as they were settling into a routine, Austin's phone buzzed in his pocket. He glanced at the screen, his heart sinking when he saw the caller ID. It was an unknown number, but he had a feeling he knew exactly who it was.

He excused himself and walked a short distance away before answering. "Hello?"

"Hello, Austin," Olivia's voice purred through the phone, sending a chill down his spine. "Did you think I would just disappear?"

"Olivia, what do you want?" he demanded, his voice low and tense.

"I want you to remember who's in control," she said, her tone dripping with menace. "Don't think for a second that you're safe. I'm always watching."

Austin's grip tightened on the phone, his anger and fear mingling. "Leave us alone, Olivia. This has to stop."

She laughed, a cold, mocking sound. "It'll stop when I say it stops. And if you go to the police, well, let's just say that would be a very bad idea."

The line went dead, leaving Austin standing there, his mind racing. He knew he couldn't handle this alone anymore. Olivia was too dangerous, and her threats were becoming more serious. He had to protect Emma, and the only way to do that was to get the authorities involved.

He returned to Emma's side, his resolve hardening. "Emma, we need to talk."

She looked up at him, concern etched on her face. "What's wrong?"

"It was Olivia," he said, his voice steady. "She called. She's not going to stop. I think it's time we involve the police."

Emma's eyes widened with fear, but she nodded. "Okay. If you think it's the right thing to do, then we'll do it."

Austin took her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I won't let anything happen to you. We're going to get through this together."

They left the set and headed to the nearest police station. Austin explained everything to the officers, from the kidnapping to the latest threat. The police took their statements seriously, assuring them they would investigate and provide protection.

As they left the station, Austin felt a small sense of relief. It wasn't over, but they weren't alone anymore. With the police involved, he hoped they could finally put an end to Olivia's terror and start rebuilding their lives.