Chapter 6: Young Hearts

Darkside

Chapter 6

Young Hearts

Oh this was a lot of people, at least the twins were between her, and Lycanroc was ahead of her. People moved out of there way pretty well.

Emmet watched the doctor out of the corner of his eye. This was the best way Ingo could think of to see just how well she took stress. He was glad she took the invitation. At least she didn't look scared anymore. He wondered just what got her so scared in the first place. It was just a fair.

The bright colors, loud music, and the throng of people had Clarity looking from one place to the next. Her eyes barely passed over the same thing twice. She could feel her heart beating fast. Was this...fun?

Ingo watched his brother scrutinize the newer employee as if she were a new pokemon that needed to be trained. He knew this was a newly graduated doctor, and she was given the job by their boss. But could she handle the fast pace of the subway?

A week, they'd give her a week before they tell her if she could keep it. Then again, there was that insecurity with her family. Would that come back to bite them?

"Wanna ride?" Emmet asked, pointing toward a fast ride.

Clarity looked over the ride and then at them and shrugged, she had never ridden a ride in her life.

"Never rode one before...will you...ride with me?" She asked. Emmet's eyes lit up. Of course he would, he loved these kinds of rides. Ingo on the other hand hated faster paced rides. Elesa tended to get sick on the rides so she would go for the games and food. Ingo didn't argue, he did love the cotton candy.

"Of course I'll ride with you!" he practically grabbed her arm and dragged her to the line.

"What about you Mr. Ingo?" Clarity asked from under Emmets arm. Ingo just smiled and shook his head.

"I don't do well on fast rides. You two enjoy it. I'll go procure us some caramel apples." That was the first time he ever saw her smile so brightly. Was she having fun?It almost made Ingo smile, almost anyways. He was glad that he had caused such a reaction out of the young lady.

He watched from the line at the small kiosk for the apples. Emmet encouraged her to hold her hands up before the ride started. She did put her arms in the air, but then panicked and put them on the bar in front of them as the ride began to move. She almost looked relieved when the ride began to stop. But then the panicked look on her face when she realized it was going to go backward too. The music played loudly as she screamed.

When they got off the ride they were laughing loudly. She plucked the caramel apple from Ingos fingers as he offered it. She dug in her pocket and handed him a five dollar bill. Ingo shook his head as he continued on through the fair.

Clarity stopped and gasped.

"Oh they have animals too." She walked over and looked into the animal paddock. There was a small petting zoo, within there was even a Ampharos with a group of Mareep around it. "So darling." She bit into her apple, but never reached in.

A gruff bark came from the Lycanroc as he nuzzled her. She looked down at him with a soft smile.

"No you can't go in and play." She giggled as she ran her fingers over the pokemons head. Scratching him behind the ears.

"Wanna try your hand at a few games." Ingo asked.

"Games?" She looked at where he was pointing. There were many different areas with games. "Are those...fish pokemon?" She asked, looking at her bosses. They looked at where she was pointing. There were many different kinds in small bowls.

"It would appear so. Would you like to try?" He asked. She almost seemed iffy about trying. But then she rolled up her sleeves and walked over and picked up the small basket of ping pong balls.

A few hours later Clarity had a brand new Finneon, a bag of cotton candy, a stuffed Ratata, and a large poster of the 'Unova's greatest Subway Bosses.' which was odd to the bosses that they would have such a thing. To them they weren't the greatest.

She never thought she'd have a fourth pokemon, yet here she was with a soft blue pokeball in her hands.

"And they evolve into a big pokemon?" She asked

"Well not that big really, just a bigger fish. Its fins are huge, and gorgeous." Ingo informed her. "But right now she's a very weak pokemon and will need some training."

"We wouldn't mind helping you." Emmet yawned behind his hand. They stopped in front of a building.

"This is me." Clarity said. Ingo and Emmet looked amazed.

"Really? This is us as well. We live on the third floor." Emmet told her. Clarity blushed and walked into the elevator pressing the three button.

"I am...as well." She slowly chuckled as she had known they lived on the same floor. She had seen them earlier that morning.

"Oh! You must be the new tenant that we saw earlier...wait...we saw him!" Emmet pointed at the Lycanroc. "I just had no idea it was the same one. We didn't look at one another but for a moment as we were going to be late for work."

The door opened and Ingo walked out of the elevator first.

"Perhaps breakfast can be arranged then." Ingo said, pulling out a key for their door.

"You bought everything tonight, it wouldn't be a bad idea if I were to do the cooking. As a thank you?" She asked looking up at the rather tall men.

"Deal." Emmet said as he walked into his own apartment, yawning once again.

Clarity walked into her own apartment. It still had a few boxes that needed to be unpacked. She sighed as she looked at the small one room apartment. She slowly smiled and sat down on her couch and looked at Lycanroc.

"Perhaps, having a few friends...wouldn't be so bad."