Chapter 21: Realizing

DarkSide

Chapter 21

Realizing

Emmet sat in the small chair at the bar watching his brother cooking. He was a whole lot better at it then himself. Their newfound sister had skipped off to the bathroom. He could hear the water running. She had borrowed a pair of their pants, belt, and a shirt.

"How often do you ever see her smile?" Emmet asked his brother who signed and shook his head.

"Not often enough. Even before this kidnapping." Ingo told his brother as he placed down three plates of eggs, bacon, and toast. It wasn't much, but it would tie them over till lunch...hopefully. Being in that suite for a week now had their supplies running thin.

Clarity walked out of the bathroom, her feet patting the black tiled floor. She had to admit she really liked the look of the apartment. It looked very modern. Something she'd never be able to afford. How did they do it? Combined earnings might be a way, but even then...she blushed realizing they were spending money on her.

"I'll pay you back." She told them. She noticed the look on Emmet's face as he looked at the clothing. She had to roll up the pant legs, they were rather tall. "Does it look...bad?" She asked as she rolled up the sleeves.

"You uh...well it swallows you whole." Emmet snorted, she blushed and looked down at the cup of coffee that was placed in front of her.

"Don't worry about paying us back. It's just breakfast." Ingo told her, although she could see it in his eyes that he was smiling out her predicament.

"I mean the hotel, the food, looking after me for a week, and going..." She looked at the now stern look on their faces.

"We have got some work ahead of us Ingo." Emmet said as he pushed the eggs, bacon, and toast toward Clarity who looked at the food, then looked at their plates. Did they even taste the food before they scarfed it?

"But..."

"Uh uh...you eat. You look like a stick." Emmet said as he stood up and stretched.

"Let him." Ingo said as he watched his brother go off to pull on his shoes.

"Let him?" Clarity asked looking over as her Lycanroc walked over sitting down next to her.

"Be a big brother." Ingo finished off his coffee before going to put it and his plate into the sink. She looked around at Emmet who picked up a small yellow ball and tossed it. Her Lycanroc jumped up and ran for the toy. The Lycanroc was incredibly happy.

"Big...brother?" She whispered to no one. Emmet looked up noticing the soft smile she gave him. He felt his heart grow tighter like a flower blooming. He wondered if this was what being a proud brother was like. He looked at Ingo who chuckled before grabbing his jacket and putting it onto Clarity's shoulder.

"Alright let's go get you something...more fitting for you and then we'll head off again. I'm afraid we're still on the run." Ingo told her as he opened the door for her. Clarity's hand dipped into her pocket and she lightly tapped the lycanroc's head with the pokeball.

"They'll know me in an instant with him tagging along." She ran her fingers through her hair before following them into the elevator.

She wanted nothing more than to go home and just be lazy for at least a month now. How she missed her days studying at college. At least everything there felt like it was going in the right direction. Right now she wasn't sure if she was going in a direction at all.

She felt a hand in hers. She looked up at Ingo as he looked down at her. He had to lean just a little bit to get a scope on her features. He could tell she was going back into that dark corner in her mind. The corner she sits in when she feels like she didn't deserve to exist.

"We're here..." He whispered to her.

"We should have been here from the very beginning." Emmet admitted almost looking angry. "Damn those jerks."

"Where are we going?" Clarity asked not totally sure if there was a reason they were going anywhere.

"We're going to see our uncle." Clarity gulped, oh no...she wasn't sure why she was afraid all of the sudden. "He lives in the Alohan region. So we're gonna hop a train and head that way." Would this uncle accept her? Would he be angry at her for what she did?