~21~

Y/n's Pov

I walked out of the alley, my hands shoved deep into my pockets. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, each one spinning faster than the last. 

I couldn't stop thinking about Karan and his proposal. How he looked when I rejected him, the hurt in his eyes. Then there was that monster Draka in the Han River, a whole different kind of problem. And BTS kept popping into my head too, especially Jungkook. Why was I even thinking about him right now?

I let out a groan, feeling overwhelmed as all these thoughts crashed into me at once. It was just too much to handle.

I glanced at my watch and realized it was already past 9. Panic set in, and I picked up my pace, almost running towards the dorm. The streets were quieter than usual, and the streetlights cast long shadows on the sidewalk. 

After what felt like an endless twenty minutes of speed-walking, my legs started to burn, but I finally saw the familiar building in the distance. By the time I reached the dorm, I was out of breath. I paused on the doorstep, hunched over, gasping for air, my lungs burning from the exertion.

I went to the door of the dorm to open it only to find it already open, i took a deep breath because i know as i would enter all would start to burst out at me, and it kind of feels a pretty annoying but I can't blame them as well cause this world is not good at all for girls to go out at night alone, its cruel, but i can still protect myself, not because i have powers but also because i know how to fight. i sighed and opened the door.

I let out a sigh as I shuffled into the dorm, slipping off my shoes with care. Peeking into the living room, I found everyone deep in discussion. Relief washed over me; maybe this was my chance to escape without getting scolded. 

But just as I was about to slip past unnoticed, Taehyung Oppa's voice stopped me in my tracks. "Because he loves her," he said. A sudden pang of jealousy shot through me, and before I knew it, I blurted out, "He loves whom?"

As soon as those words slipped out of my mouth, I felt a pang of regret shoot through me. Suddenly, all eyes were on me, staring as if I had just sprouted wings and started tap dancing. 

Ignoring the awkwardness, I cleared my throat and repeated my question, nodding toward Jungkook."He loves whom?" I asked, trying to play it cool. But instead of an answer, I got hit with a question.

"Why are you so late?" Jungkook quizzed, his brows furrowing with curiosity, but I brushed it off, not in the mood for interrogation. "You don't feel like sharing, huh? Eh, forget it. I'm nobody special for you to spill your guts to anyway," I muttered, meeting his gaze briefly before averting my eyes. "But just answer me this much, okay? Do you really like her?" I swallowed hard, feeling the weight of the question, and waited for his response. 

Silence hung heavy in the air, his expression unreadable. "I'll take that as a yes," I said finally, exhaling deeply. "I just hope she brings you happiness, whoever she is." With that, I turned on my heel and dashed upstairs, not daring to look back.

I ran to my room and locked the door from the inside. Then, I sat down on the floor right by the door. Tears didn't come out of my eyes; I just stared up at the ceiling. Millions of thoughts raced through my mind. 

I couldn't figure out why I felt so hurt after finding out that he loves someone else. Is it because he didn't bother to tell me? Or is it because deep down, I wanted to be the one he loves?

The whole situation was messing with my head, and I felt this heavy, confusing mix of emotions swirling inside me. I kept replaying everything in my mind, trying to make sense of it all, but I just felt lost and alone.