~27~

Y/n's Pov

Everything was going so well. I told the members about Yulie, and they were over the moon, especially Jungkook. Seriously? Argh, whatever. We discussed the new theme for our album, which, funnily enough, is about me. Our ARMYs are excited too. There's happiness everywhere right now.

People should be happy about this, but I'm feeling a bit stressed because there's still no sign of Karan. I can't help but wonder what evil plan he might be cooking up.

"We're here," Jimin Oppa's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as we reached the dorm. I nodded and got out of the car. The other members were still at Hybe since they had some work to finish, so it was just me and Jimin Oppa heading back.

"I'm going to take a shower, you should too. It was such a tiring day," he said dramatically. I couldn't help but chuckle. We had only sat around discussing the album all day, and yet he was acting like we ran a marathon.

"Okay, Oppa," I replied with a cheeky smile. He nodded and headed upstairs to his room. I made my way to mine, still smiling at his antics.

I opened my room door and went to take a warm shower in the bathroom. I was halfway done when I heard a noise coming from my bedroom. At first, I thought it was Jimin Oppa, so I quickly finished my shower, dressed up, and went to open the door. But horror came to my face when I saw who it actually was.

I quickly put my head down, avoiding his eyes, and asked, "What are you doing here?" My voice had a hint of hatred in it.

Karan turned towards me, having been looking at our group photo on my bedside table. Even with my head down, I could see his smirk and how close he was coming to me. He slightly brushed my cheek and said, "Why aren't you looking at me, Baby girl?"

I didn't say anything and just stared at the ground. He scoffed and said, "Is it because you think I would read your..." Then I made the biggest mistake of my life: I looked up at him, and our eyes met.

I saw his eyes shine and he laughed evilly. "So Yulie has told you everything about me, huh?" I closed my eyes, regretting what I had done. I had just given away Yulie's real identity. In my mind, I silently apologized to her and then looked at him again because now he knew what I was hiding. There was no point in hiding anymore.

I pushed him and shouted, "YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU KILLED MY..." But before I could finish, he covered my mouth and whispered in my ear, "Don't shout, Baby girl. Your bandmate might hear, and if he does, he might come looking for you. And who knows what could happen to him then."

He let go of my mouth, and I pushed him hard onto my bed, hitting his chest, but it had no effect. He grabbed my hands and pulled me into a hug, but I shoved him away. "Don't you dare hug me," I snapped. He nodded and said, "I know, I know you hate me right now, Y/N, but I don't hate you. No matter how much you hate me, I never will."

I scoffed and looked at him, calling him a liar. He looked down at the floor and smiled a little, then looked back at me. "I bet Yulie hasn't told you the real reason I killed your father," he said. I hated how casually he admitted to killing my father.

"Your father and I were very good friends. We were inseparable since our school days. I was very special to him back then. But as we grew up, we also grew apart," he began. "One day, we decided to break a rule in Aetheris: not to go out into the human world before we were 18. But we did it anyway. We did all the fun things humans do: drinking, smoking, dancing. But in one bar, we met your mother. She was well-dressed and sitting at the corner of the bar."

"She looked so gorgeous that I fell for her at first sight. But before I could talk to her, our fairy cops caught us and took us back to Aetheris. We got a bad punishment, but from that day on, I kept track of your mother, waiting for the day I turned 18 so I could meet her."

He sighed. "That day finally came, but before meeting her, I wanted your father to know about it. When I tried to find him, I discovered he was in the human world, sitting in a café, meeting someone. I rushed to the place and was shocked to see he was meeting your mother. I was so heartbroken that I stopped talking to him," he said, coming closer to me.

"Do you know it had been almost three years since he had talked to me? One day, he called me to meet in an alley, and that's when the demon came. In the first story, I made you see your father as a great warrior, but actually, he was a coward. Because of him, my mother died, and her power transferred to you. That made me mad as hell, and I planned to kill you all."

He grabbed my shoulders and shook them slightly as he continued. "But I couldn't kill you because I fell for you. And I will burn everyone who comes between us. So it would be better if you leave that Jeon and come to me if you want his safety. Otherwise... you know what I am capable of," he smirked and then went towards the balcony jumping from there.

I was shocked by what he had just said. Did my father really kill his mother, or was Karan manipulating me again? I shook my head and resolved, "No matter what happens now, I will not let any of my loved ones die at your hands. But before that, I will make sure you die at mine," I said, breaking a vase nearby, making my hand bleed. "I will not leave you, Karan."

~~~~~~~

"Hey everyone, I'm back! First off, I want to apologize for not publishing the chapter like I promised before I left. Some unexpected work came up, and I got pretty busy, which delayed things more than I expected. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding. To make it up to you, I'll be posting a brand-new chapter at 9! So stay tuned, and thank you for sticking with me. See you soon! 💕"