𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

POV Minho

Turn around.

Quickly.

Very quickly.

- "Lee Know!"

Not quickly enough, apparently.

- "Oh, Daiyu!" I exclaimed as I turned around. "What a surprise, I didn't see you coming."

I had totally seen her coming.

- "Want to grab a drink at the dorm?"

- "Oh, I have to go to work. Chan is very particular about punctuality."

Not at all. I wanted to visit the girls and talk to Shizuka about our part in the song. Well, that's the excuse I planned to use.

The real issue is that I saw Malee sneaking around the hallways last night. She looked like she was up to something, tiptoeing and glancing around, so I need to tell the leader.

- "Don't worry, you need to rest sometimes. Take me as an example, as soon as I finish my work, I take a break."

Fake laugh.

Fake smile.

She grabs my wrist.

I'm sitting on a chair.

- "Great, I hadn't finished my story about the movie. You know, before Ha-yoon tripped."

I raise my eyebrows hypocritically and sip my apple juice. Not my favorite, but focusing on the bitter taste will hopefully help pass the time faster.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Oh, you're back, Zuka?"

That nickname snaps me out of my daydream, and I lift my head from my glass — the third one I've poured myself — to look at the doorway. I catch Shizuka's, or Zuka's, gaze and she nods at me.

- "Yeah, I finished writing the song with the girls earlier than expected."

- "Where are they?" the Chinese girl inquires.

- "Ha-yoon went to finish her choreography, and Sumalee went somewhere, I don't know where."

That's it. That was my main goal, to talk about Sumalee. Not listen to serenades about "I'm so sad that Romeo doesn't end up with Juliet, this adaptation is so bad."

Honestly, I don't care about Romeo and Juliet.

- "And you, why is Lee Know here?"

Ouch.

Translation: What's this idiot doing here?

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...

- "He wanted to talk, so I invited him over."

- I blink several times. Maybe I almost fell asleep fifteen times in thirty minutes and forgot most of her story, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't me who wanted to talk.

Not to her, anyway.

- "Have a nice conversation then."

I watch her head to her room, and Dayu restart to talk.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Well, I'm going to go. It's getting late."

- "You've only been here for an hour and a half!" Daiyu pouts.

I suppress a grimace, too nauseated, and bite my tongue not to tell her that it was already too long.

- "Chan's waiting for me."