𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

POV Minho

- "Minho, someone's here for you," Felix announces, poking his head through the door frame.

I hume, indifferent.

Well, that's the impression I'm trying to give.

I wish it were Shizuka.

But I face the reality. Why would she come to see me, especially after I dumped her like a jerk two days ago?

Exactly, she wouldn't.

- "Hey Minho."

I look up and see Dayu, giving me a timid smile as she enters without waiting for my permission.

I haven't spoken to anyone since I talked to her.

- "I hope you don't mind," she whispers, sitting on my bed. "Are you okay?"

I mumble an incomprehensible reply.

No, I'm not okay.

- "You can talk if you want."

She gives me a kind look, and I mentally scold myself for being cold with her when all she wants to do is help.

- "It didn't work out, it happens to everyone."

- "Do you still love her?" she asks.

I take a few seconds to pause. Do I still love her?

Of course.

- "Yes."

A glimmer of something crosses her eyes, but she immediately smiles at me and places a hand on my knee.

- "It's just a rough patch, you'll get through it."

- "I don't know if it'll be quick."

- "It will be, trust me."

Silence.

I actually don't want to talk.

- "Hey, how about we go out ?"

I was about to refuse when she cuts me off before I can speak:

- "No objections, get up!"

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

It's already dark when we finally start heading back. Honestly, this walk did me good.

Except Dayu is acting weird from time to time. She keeps stopping us to show me a bench, a rock, an orange leaf.

Anyway, she keeps stopping us all the time without any valid reason.

- "Hey, look at this lamp."

I look up, but she brushes her fingers against my chin, and I have to lower my head to meet her gaze.

She moves her face closer to mine, and just as her lips are about to touch mine, I realize.

- "No," I say, pushing her away.

She gives me a confused look, and I stutter out apologies:

- "I'm not ready. Not this quickly."

- "I understand."

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

I enter the practice room where Jeongin and Dayu are, and she trots over to me, cheerful.

- "Minho!"

She stands on her tiptoes and kisses me, and I respond by placing my hands on her shoulders.

- "Seriously, you do this every time you see each other, change it up," Jeongin mutters, looking away.

I catch his grimace when Dayu shoots him a glare, and he rolls his eyes.

- "See you later?" she asks.

- "If you want," I reply with a smile.

She gives me one last kiss on the cheek and waves goodbye.

- "See you later!"

She closes the door behind her, and I sit down next to Jeongin to discuss the choreography.

- "You're such an asshole," he blurts out, getting up. "You break up with Shizuka and hook up with her friend a week later?"

I say nothing, and he scoffs.

- "I don't know what's gotten into you, but you need to rethink things."

He leaves the room too, slamming the door.

I have no choice.

I sit there, staring at my reflection in the mirror. The same mirror I agreed in front of when I started dating Dayu.

Three days after our outing, we ended up here, she and I, and we talked.

Well, she talked.

"Listen, I have a deal to offer you. My popularity is very bad, and you're heartbroken. Date me and speak well of me."

She let out a laugh that annoyed me, until she added:

"- If you don't, I'll spread false rumors about your group. Seungmin who's insecure about his smile, wouldn't it be a shame if he started getting plastic surgery advice? Felix who struggles with his weight, what a shame if suddenly everyone criticized him for his weight."

- "You crazy bitch," I replied, horrified and angry.

"- It would also be a shame if Shizuka suddenly faced harassment accusations, don't you think?"

"- Leave her and my group out of this. How dare you even consider this? She's your friend, and my members haven't done anything to you!"

"- It's your choice," she concluded with a shrug. "You squeal, and I'll find a way to win anyway. After all, who would believe the dancer with the mean look versus the nice Chinese girl?"

What a shitty life.

And what a bitch.