𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

POV Minho

I freeze as I open the training room door, coming face to face with Shizuka. It wouldn't bother me being this close if there weren't thirteen people staring at us.

Not that I don't like performing in public, but I can already hear Felix and Seungmin laughing.

Those little jerks.

- "Wow," I stutter, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

I step back cautiously, feeling my cheeks burning, and Shizuka shoots me a barely perceptible smile, her eyes scanning me up and down.

It's been two weeks since Dayu disappeared, and I haven't seen the girls since then.

- "All the other rooms are taken because Itzy is filming a concept video. They asked us to train with you, is that okay?" Shizuka explains.

- "Of course!" Jisung exclaims, getting up to greet the girls in return.

I turn around and then lock eyes with Hyunjin, which says it all.

- "You got busted, bro."

I'll smother him with tissues tonight.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Hey, Lee Know, can I talk to you?"

I look up and see Shizuka sitting next to me, while the others are chatting among themselves.

- "Sorry about last time. I meant to text you but forgot."

- "Apologize for what?" I question, confused.

- "For being unpleasant. I was on edge. And also, thank you for helping me calm down; I might have thrown something otherwise."

I feel myself blush, touched by her gratitude. Well, two weeks later, but it's still nice to hear that from a friend.

A great friend.

- "You threw your phone," I remind her, referring to the moment she tossed it on the armchair.

She laughs, and a thought crosses my mind.

I'd like to get closer to Shizuka. I really like her personality, and I'm sure we could get along well.

And become friends.

Just friends.

- "Where does your nickname come from?"

- "Which one?" she asks, raising her eyebrows. "Zuka?"

I nod, and she laughs, her eyes sparkling.

And It's me who made her laugh.

Okay, shut up, annoying little voice. Especially since you sound like Jisung, which is not okay at all.

- "Daiyu gave it to me. I don't really like it, but she always insists on calling me that. And you, any nicknames?" she asks, curious.

I think for a few seconds, but I don't really have any ideas, so I suggest, somewhat randomly:

- "Not really. Maybe... Father of Sonnie, Doongie, and Dori?"

She bursts out laughing, and we talk about our cats' antics. A very engaging topic, as it keeps us occupied for ten minutes. Her eyes shining with pride as she talks about Lyca both make me laugh and warm my heart.

- "One day, I had written almost all the songs for an album, and when I went to record everything, she hit cancel, and I lost everything."

I open my mouth and burst into laughter, imagining the scene. She laughs too, and I wish this moment wouldn't end.

Laughing without thinking about the future. Without thinking about relationships. Without worrying that we might be ridiculous. Being happy for a few minutes. Carefree like a six-year-old.

And also because at that moment, I realize that there's finally some closeness between the two of us. Thanks to the cats.

Before we suddenly hear a loud noise. We both startle, and we turn.

Dayu is on the floor, with Yeou in front of her, and Hae-ji farther back, behind Malee. Shizuka gets up immediately and joins her elder.

- "What's going on?" she asks.

- "Daiyu just tried to slap Hae-ji. No idea why," Malee explains, before mumbling something to her, and Shizuka nods.

I catch the dark look the Thai girl throws at Daiyu, shooting daggers, while Shizuka walks over to Chan and murmurs a few words to him, and he nods. She then instructs the members to gather their belongings, and they leave the room without a word.

- "Wow, did we just see the same thing?" Jeongin finally asks.

Chan sighs, and I give him an inquisitive look.

- "You know something, confess."

- "There's some tension in their group right now."

- "Well, now, that's what I call tension, indeed," Jisung mutters, sarcastic.

Hyunjin gives him a knowing look, and Changbin taps his fingers on the floor.

- "Don't you find Daiyu weird? It's like she doesn't really like her group," he says.

- "I wouldn't say it like that."

He gives Seungmin a doubtful look, who eventually gives in:

- "Well, yeah, I'd say it like that."

- "After all, with their comeback and the scandal, it must be stressful," rationalizes our eldest.

We all nod, and we talk about the girls for a few minutes, before one of Changbin's remarks catches my attention.

- "Is that a joke?"

- "No, not at all," he replies, surprised by my reaction. "He told me himself."

- "I didn't expect that."

Does Shizuka know? I don't think so, she would've mentioned it to me.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

I don't know.

We're friends, right?

Jisung, shut up, seriously.

- "Minho's acting weird, he's been staring into space a lot lately," Hyunjin says.

A box of tissues in hand, and a one less Hyunjin.