𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

POV Shizuka

Changbin sits on my bed casually. It's become a habit since we've known each other: when he's bored, he comes to monopolize my room and talk about anything and everything.

Today, he's decided to play my psychologist.

- "So, how's it going with the girls? Not too hard?"

- "It's tense, nothing too serious" I say, organizing scattered papers on my desk.

- "Especially with the announcement of the couple, that must not help. Did the agency tell you if you had the right to announce it?"

I freeze immediately, dropping my papers. I turn slowly, not even bothering to pick them up, and hiss:

- "Excuse me?"

He looks at me, wide-eyed, before covering his mouth with his hand. He now has a guilty look and mumbles:

- "Oh shit, you didn't know."

- "Not know what?" I ask, emphasizing the last words. "Changbin, speak."

He laughs nervously and runs a hand through his hair, deliberately ignoring my cold stare.

- "Yeonjun told me a few days ago that... he's dating Sumalee."

I open my mouth, shocked, and the answers to my questions become obvious.

- "I thought you knew!" he exclaims, apologetically.

- "Don't worry about it. I'll be back" I say, grabbing my keys.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Sumalee!" I shout as I enter the training room where she is.

She turns to me after jumping, and places a hand on her forehead.

- "You scared me! Why are you yelling so early in the morning?"

- "Since when have you been dating Yeonjun?"

She freezes, and I think she even stops breathing for a few seconds.

- "But... how do you know?" she stammers.

- "Yeonjun told Changbin. Changbin, who was sure I knew. Except I didn't, because you never confide in me" I say sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes and waves her hand dismissively.

- "It's nothing dramatic."

- "Is that where you've been disappearing to for the past two months?"

She bites her lower lip and nods.

- "Since when?" I ask again.

- "The night before Ha-yoon's birthday."

I sigh and run a hand through my hair, which I'm considering changing the color of.

- "Are you mad at me for being in a relationship?"

I laugh mechanically, shocked by the question.

- "I'm mad at you for disappearing for two months, worrying the members, and not telling us anything."

She remains silent for a few seconds before grabbing her water bottle.

- "Let's go."

- "Where?"

- "To tell the members."

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Wow, I never thought you'd date Yeonjun."

I raise my eyebrows at Mi-cha's remark. She and he have been seeing each other often since they've been MCs together, but I didn't think they'd be more than friends.