𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

POV Shizuka

- " But I love you girls!" Daiyu exclaims indignantly after Mi-cha points out her more than deplorable behavior. "I'm doing this for the group."

A small group meeting is held in Sumalee's room, at Hae-ji's request.

- "Stop lying for a second, please," Ha-yoon retorts, rolling her eyes. "You don't care about us at all; you just want your little success."

- "That's not true!"

She looks at each of us, seemingly shocked by our accusations.

- "I've always been nice! For instance, when Ha-yoon fell down the stairs, I helped her. I've just been stressed these past few days; it happens. No one said anything to Shizuka and Sumalee when they were at each other's throats for consecutive weeks."

- "Why then didn't you worry about us like you did for Ha-yoon?"

- "Because she pushed her down," Ji-yu suddenly declares.

Daiyu looks at her in shock. It's true that the two have always been very close, but now I slowly understand that Ji-yu has been lying to us, and it terrifies me even more for the future of the group.

- "She slipped because of water on the stairs. Daiyu admitted to me two days later that she did it because she felt she wasn't getting enough recognition and wanted to be the center."

We all gasp, except for Daiyu, who tries to get up to leave. Mi-cha stops her and spits out:

- "Do you have any more dirty tricks to confess?"

She gives her a cold look and counters:

- "I just wanted to be noticed! You two have always been in the spotlight, while I was seen as someone who needed help to succeed!"

- "Because that's the truth!"

Sumalee speaks up for the first time and continues:

- "Without Shizuka and Ha-yoon, you were finished. And you showed no remorse when Ha-yoon almost got eliminated after falling during her final dance. If the fans hadn't voted for her, she wouldn't have made it!"

She pauses and adds:

- "But you didn't care about that."

 - "I'm tired of pretending. You never wanted me in the group, admit it."

- "You're wrong," I murmur. "We've always wanted you. But now, yes, we don't want you anymore."

My words hit her like a blow, and she stammers incomprehensible words.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Shizuka?" I hear after picking up my phone.

Our manager calls and goes straight to the point:

- "Have you seen the news?"

- "No?"

- "Videos have been leaked by staff members."

- "Oh, and what about?"

- "Daiyu. She's seen being aggressive with them, Ha-yoon stopping Daiyu from hitting Hae-ji, and admitting she dated him just to make you jealous. She also still had a mic on her clothes when she came to see you and Lee Know, and we heard her threatening both of you about being together."

He remains silent on the other end, and I ask:

- "What are you going to do?"

- "JYP wants to fire her, and Big-Hit agrees."

Silence. Realization.

- "She has to come to the agency within twenty minutes; we're going to tell her."

He hangs up, and I quickly send a message to the girls.

Daiyu is leaving Silver Tears.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Are you serious?" Mi-cha asks for the third time.

- "Yes, he should call me back in a few minutes; she must have been informed."

- "It seems surreal. To think we won't finish our group career as seven."

- "It's better this way," Sumalee concludes after a short silence. "For her and for us."

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Wow, she's really getting fired?" Minho asks, sitting on my hospital bed, a hand on my knee. "I didn't expect this."

- "It's because of the videos, otherwise, they would have tried to find a solution for us to work things out."

He shrugs and says:

- "Let's not dwell on what could have been; let's focus on the present."

He smiles at me and adds:

- "I went to thank Malee at Chan's request. I felt sorry for her; her breakup with Yeonjun must be hard to deal with. I didn't know how to react when she wiped away a tear."

I immediately stop smiling and repeat:

- "Wiped away a tear?"

- "Yeah?" he replies, confused. "It's normal to cry in that kind of situation."

- "No, Minho, not for her."

I rub my forehead, searching for the right words.

- "She's like you, except she never cries. Really never. Not even in private."

I think of my elder again and can't help but think that she must be really hurting.

I hope she'll come talk to me.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

"Hello,

This is JYP Entertainment and HYBE/Big-Hit Entertainment.

We would like to inform you about the future of one of the members of SILVER TEARS. Indeed, this concerns LI DAIYU.

We have mutually decided to terminate our contract with her due to harassment towards staff and members.

We apologize to the fans who support the group, and we hope you will continue to support SILVER TEARS.

Starting today, SILVER TEARS will continue its group activities with six members.

It has been decided with the girls, and Shizuka is now the second rapper, and Yeou is a secondary rapper.

All Dayu version albums, her photocards/postcards, and other inclusions, as well as merch related to her, will cease production.

Thank you."