𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

POV Shizuka

It wasn't a dream.

Reality hits me hard as I wake up, finding a sticky note on my phone on the bedside table.

"You fell asleep again, am I that boring when we watch movies? See you at Music Bank.

Minho :)"

I stare at the neon paper, replaying the events from the night before in my mind.

I'm actually dating Minho.

A blissful smile spreads across my face, and I don't bother hiding it. Might as well show it.

I place the sticky note back on my bedside table.

Oh damn.

When I was in my room, the girls weren't there. Mi-cha knows, of course, but Ha-yoon, no idea.

I glance at her bed but it's empty, just like last night.

Maybe she stayed  at her home.

It's common for us to sleep at home when we're not at the agency but somewhere else. Since Ha-yoon is also a model, she might have had a photoshoot.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "We welcome today Stray Kids and Ateez," I announce as both boy groups enter the stage.

I'm not particularly close with Ateez, just friends with Hongjoong, since we're both composers.

Soobin continues after me, and I think I've never been so nervous for an interview.

Simply because I can feel Minho's gaze on me.

And he's being discreet about it, that little jerk.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Shizuka! How are you?" Hongjoong asks as he comes over to me.

The interview is over, and now I'm with the stylists getting my makeup touched up, as I have another interview coming up with G-idle.

- "I'm good, and you? I heard your latest song, it's really great!"

The blue-haired leader thanks me, and we chat for a bit.

In reality, our two groups have quite a bit of affinity. I'm only friends with him, but Sumalee is friends with Seonghwa, San, and Wooyoung; Ha-yoon with the latter as well as Yeosang, Mingi, and Jongho; Mi-cha with Yunho.

- "I'll leave you to it, good luck," Hongjoong says as he moves away.

I look around for Soobin to ask him for the script, but instead, I lock eyes with Minho sitting a few meters away. He stands up and heads towards the dressing rooms, giving me a discreet wave.

He's waiting for me, hands in his pockets, a smirk on his face.

- "You're friends with Hongjoong, huh?"

- "For a while now, why?" I reply.

He shrugs as he approaches.

- "Aren't you jealous?"

He lets out a sarcastic laugh before shaking his head, arm around my waist.

- "I'm not that kind of guy."

- "Seems like you are," I tease back.

He raises an eyebrow and kisses me unexpectedly. Thankfully, we're hidden.

- "Oh yes, okay," a voice exclaims behind me.

I turn around immediately and face Sumalee, mouth open.

- "I knew it was obvious between you two, but I didn't know it was official, my apologies."

Minho chuckles before indicating he has to go, leaving me alone with Sumalee.

Two non-singles, a sign of possible friendship?

- "Anyway, I'll pretend I didn't see anything. Though everyone in the group knows, Mi-cha... how should I put it... blabbed."

She laughs, no longer surprised by the brunette.

- "I'm just warning you, be careful with Daiyu. You know, all that... she's quite good at playing the mean girl."

- "Sumalee," I respond firmly. "Don't say that, she's still your friend."

- "Sure, but she's becoming unbearable."

- "It's just a phase," I say, rubbing my forehead.

She hesitates and starts to leave, adding:

- "Would a friend really do that?"

She leaves me alone.

With my thoughts.

A headache starting to form.

And I still don't have my script.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "Congratulations, Shizuka!" Ha-yoon, Hae-ji, and Ye-sol exclaim in unison as we arrive at the dorm.

- "I knew something was up," the youngest adds.

- "It was obvious," the blonde agrees.

- "If we could talk about something other than my relationship, that would be great."

I notice Daiyu going straight to her room, and I follow her. I sit next to her on her bed and ask:

- "Something wrong? You seem off."

- "Be wary of him."

She looks up and stares me straight in the eyes, grabbing my hands.

- "Be wary of Minho. I'm afraid he'll pull you away from us. That guy is cold, his gaze is intimidating, and he's emotionless!"

- "I thought he was your friend?"

Even though he told me otherwise.

- "I'm saying this for you, Shizuka. That's what friends do."

Friends.

- "Thank you, Daiyu, but I don't think it's necessary."

Her expression changes for a split second, then she rolls her eyes and gives me a hug.

- "You're stubborn."

I laugh and hug her back. How could things go wrong? Everything's fine between us.