𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

POV Shizuka

- "Dare to get up and I'll lock you in, I don't care about your claustrophobia," Mi-cha told me this morning as she saw me zigzagging toward the kitchen. She stuck the forehead thermometer on me, pushed me back into our room, and slammed the door.

So here I am in my bed, watching videos on my phone.

Honestly, cat videos are cute, but after a while, they get boring.

I jump when there's a sudden knock at the door. I'm alone in the apartment, my legs trembling with every step. If an intruder gets in, my only hope is to hide under the bed.

The knock comes again, and a male voice curses behind the door.

Probably because he can't open it? I start to panic and run to my room, hiding under my bed.

Suddenly, the door opens.

Shit.

From my hiding spot, I see feet in the living room, followed by Lyca's paws.

Oh damn, Lyca.

- "Lyca!" I hiss.

My cat comes to me immediately, but so does the stranger. He crouches down, and I see his face.

- "Shizuka? What are you doing under your bed?" Minho asks, laughing.

Blushing, I let go of my cat and crawl out from under the bed.

- "I thought you were a stranger... how did you get in?"

He shrugs and points to my keys on the dresser.

- "The door was unlocked."

I sigh, and he adds:

- "I just came to bring Lyca back; she was in front of our door."

- "Thanks, Mi-cha must have let her out."

He chuckles softly, then frowns, looking worried.

- "You're really pale, are you okay?"

- "Just a little sick, nothing serious."

I smile inwardly, happy that he's worried about me, and he grabs my arm.

- "You should lie down, I'll get you a glass of water."

He heads to the kitchen without even asking my opinion, and I sit, reluctantly, on my bed.

- "Here," he says, handing me a glass with a pill. "Drink."

- "I don't nee..."

He sits across from me, looking into my eyes, making me lose my words. I obey and swallow the pill. He smirks, victorious.

- "You know, as soon as you leave, I'm getting up?" I say, not wanting to admit defeat.

He raises an eyebrow and announces:

- "In that case, I'll stay with you. I'm off work and bored."

I open my mouth, taken aback. A day with him, at his mercy?

No, because I said I'd get up, but all I want to do is go back to sleep.

- "Zero objections, perfect," he concludes, standing up to close the door, which was still ajar. He approaches again to grab my keys—probably to lock the door—but I stop him by placing a hand on his wrist.

- "You don't have to, Minho."

- "But I want to."

He sits next to me, quickly forgetting his original goal, and I sigh, letting my head fall back against the wall.

- "Is my presence that unpleasant?"

- "I'm confused, why are you doing this?"

He shakes his head, as if he doesn't know himself.

- "Well, since you're here, we might as well talk."

He nods and sits cross-legged in front of me, his knees brushing against mine.

- "Did you know there won't be any ISAC this year?" he asks.

"No, why?"

- "No idea," he admits. "Probably because of the weather? Or scandals? I don't know."

He accidentally places a hand on my knee, and I blush instantly, judging by the heat on my cheeks. He laughs nervously and mumbles inaudible apologies.

- "I don't know what's happening to me."

That's the only thing I understand from his monologue, and it catches my attention.

Because that's exactly what I've been thinking for a few days.

- "What's happening to you?"

He hides his face in his hands and mumbles incomprehensible words again. He sighs and reveals his face, cheeks red.

- "It's ridiculous."

- "I don't think so."

He looks into my eyes, then puts on a sly expression, running a hand through his hair.

- "Really?"

He moves closer, and I can almost feel his breath on my face.

- "Do you think it's normal that every time a girl shows me love, I wish it were you instead?"

He smirks, as if his shyness had disappeared.

- "That every time I think of you, my stomach starts doing a samba?"

I giggle. Partly because I wonder how he can say that in this situation, and partly because we're in this situation.

He's too close.

- "That when I imagine what my first love could be like, you appear in my mind?"

He's now a few centimeters from my face, his eyes locked on mine.

- "That right now, I really want to kiss you?"

My eyes widen at this revelation. Lee Minho just confessed to me.

Go ahead, I won't stop you.

That's what I'm about to tell him when I hear a gasp of surprise.

- "Oh. Damn," exclaims Hae-ji, a hand over her mouth, pronouncing each word separately.

She's standing in the doorway, staring at us, and I realize the position we're in: Minho with his hands on my knees, leaning towards me.

He pulls back and stands up, stammering apologies to Hae-ji, then leaves the apartment.

Damn, he didn't lock the door, that's right.

- "You... You are? I mean..." Hae-ji stammers. "Forget it! Sorry for interrupting you!"

She leaves the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Oh damn.

A truth I've been trying to push away for several days already.

Shit, I love Minho.