𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

POV Minho

- "Is this a joke?"

I stare at Shizuka's phone screen, reading the article she just saw.

"Daiyu from Silver Tears announces that Minho's account wasn't actually hacked, and his post about them not being a couple was just a dare."

- "Hold me back," I say to Shizuka, handing her phone back.

She sighs and sets it down on the table to her right before looking at me.

- "You can still tell the truth."

- "I'm ashamed."

- "Ashamed of what? For wanting to protect your friends?"

I stay silent, and she runs her fingers over my forehead, brushing some strands of hair aside.

I really need to thank Sumalee for suggesting I dye my hair again.

- "And besides, if both of us confirm that we're together, they'll have to believe us."

My eyes light up, and I ask softly:

- "So you're finally okay with it?"

She nods. She didn't want to publicly acknowledge our relationship. She was afraid of the repercussions, especially seeing how difficult it was for Yeonjun and Sumalee to announce their breakup to their fans.

- "But... what about now?"

She chuckles and taps my cheek.

- "You can go ask your manager if you want."

Without a second thought, I kiss her and head straight to the agency.

Time to strategize against the troublemaker in action.

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

- "I don't see a problem, especially since it can help prove that you're not with Dayu," my manager announces. "Shizuka has good popularity, and fans liked your duo during your feature, so it should work out."

I thank him, and a few hours later, a freshly released article is circulating online:

"Stray Kids' Lee Know refutes Dayu from Silver Tears' claims, explaining he's in a relationship with Shizuka from Silver Tears as well."

I can't help but read the fan comments, and I'm relieved to see very few negative ones.

However, many are confused.

That's understandable. Hopefully, Dayu will stop claiming our supposed relationship.

I bite my nails, my other hand firmly gripping my phone. I think back to my manager's suggestion after I told him everything that had happened with Dayu. The poor guy turned into an impromptu psychologist for forty minutes.

"You should do an interview. Fans won't understand anything; there will be an uproar."

Sure. Announce to the whole world that I've been fooled. Ruin Dayu's career, by the way.

Does that really bother me? I'm not so sure.

But I hesitate anyway. Without knowing what's holding me back.

"Who would believe the dancer with the mean gaze against the nice Chinese girl?"

▪︎▫︎▫︎▫︎▫︎

I walk into Shizuka's room but find an unpleasant surprise.

Dayu, sitting on the chair next to the dark-haired girl's bed. And evidently, they're not discussing routine.