𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

POV Shizuka

It feels like someone is trying to hack through my head with a machete, and this white ceiling and these lights just make me want to smash the switch.

But when I try to move, a searing pain shoots through my leg, and I wisely decide to lie back down.

I go to run my hand through my hair, but then I realize it's stuck.

Minho, head resting on his arm on the bed, his other hand holding mine.

He is here.

But... what am I doing here?

I gaze at his hair - noticing the fresh color - and try to recall recent events.

The accident.

Oh gosh.

Are Sumalee and Mi-cha okay?

I try to get up again, but this time I wake the redhead, who automatically forces me to lie back down.

- "Sh... Shizuka? Don't move, you have to stay lying down," he stutters, examining my face.

He brushes his fingers against my cheek, and I feel a cut beneath his touch.

- "Lee Know?"

His gaze darkens, and he squeezes my hand.

- "No, don't call me that."

He gives me a pleading look and adds,

- "I know I asked for it, and I'm the idiot, but please... Don't distance yourself from us."

- "You started it..." I whisper.

He bites his lip, guilt now evident on his face as he lowers his head.

- "I know... I should have believed you."

He looks up and meets my gaze.

- "I'm sorry, Shizuka."

- "I..."

I place my free hand on his cheek, ignoring the pain in my hip from the movement, and notice his red eyes.

- "I'm sorry," he repeats.

A tear rolls down his cheek, and it feels like another blow to my head.

Minho is crying. For me.

- "I'm just an idiot. I'm mean, I hurt you... I..."

He looks down, avoiding any contact now except for our linked hands.

- "Minho."

I stroke his chin, forcing him to look at me. It breaks my heart to see tears streaming down his cheeks.

I lock my gaze with his eyes.

His beautiful eyes.

- "Minho," I repeat. "It's okay, I forgive you."

- "I'm sorry," he says anyway as I wipe away his tears.

He rests his forehead on our hands, and I run my hand through his hair.

- "You're not mean. I love your eyes, your gaze, you. You don't have to worry about who you are, Minho."

His shoulders tremble, and he doesn't lift his head, simply murmuring a muffled "Thank you" into our hands.

We stay like that for several minutes, and I ask,

- "And Daiyu?"

He stiffens and raises his head.