23. Leaf

Third person's POV:-

The mid-term results were out today. The result were displayed and many students were hovering over the display board to find themselves. The main display board had the names of top 30 students from the whole year.

"Kathy look you are on the top!"

Sia who was Kathy's friend pointed it out to her. Kathy was on the top of the list with 890 marks missing only 10 marks from the total 900.

"Aki! You lied!"

"What did I lie?"

"You lied that you thought exam was tough."

"When did I said so?"

"Hey saw that Marlon? He said that right? William you were there as well."

Aki had gotten into the top 30 and he was ranked 5 with total 865 marks. William who was in the list had a score of 800 with rank 15. Aria from their class was also in the list with her rank being 21 and score 777. Some of her friends called her Miss lucky 7.

"Hey I never said so."

"That's right. Aki didn't said that."

Ryan was angry as he had the lowest score in their class and was among dead last passing with score 320.

"I am feeling betrayed."

"No one betrayed you Ryan!"

Marlon had got 549. Though he wasn't among top students but he lied somewhere among average students.

"Marlon, I thought you were with me! Now I feel lonely."

"Eh?"

Moving away from Marlon and Ryan, Aki found Aria smiling nervously around her classmates. Everyone in class knew that she liked William and now William was dating a senior. Aki was looking for her at the moment. As Aki got away from the display board, he found Kathy currently chatting with Sia.

"Congratulations Kathy!"

"Thanks. Congratulations to you as well."

"Thank you. Well are you going to League club today?"

"Yes."

"Okay see you in League club then."

Today Kathy was surrounded by lots of girls. Some girls asked her doubts while some just had some chitchat. That wasn't same for Aki though. He was just with his regular three buddies. The school day was over. William had already left for League club leaving the other three boys.

"Where's William?"

"Probably going to club with his girlfriend. He forgot us."

"Ryan? Are you still angry?"

"Ah no. Well now it looks like one of our group member has a girlfriend."

"So what?"

"Marlon! You aren't understanding. We are in High school! We should have to get into relationship atleast once!"

"Eh? Never heard that rule anywhere," Aki interuppted.

"Seriously. Haven't you read the latest romance manga 'Love now'?"

"That one featuring almost everywhere?" Marlon asked.

"Yes. Give it a try, then you would want to fall in love so badly."

"Oh is it?"

The trio entered the League club. There were few students. One of them had particularly drawn their attention.