25. Breezes

Aki's POV:-

We are on our way to the Pastoria city in Sinnoh region for the research trip. The Great Marsh of the city were earlier called Scarlet bog. According to history of Sinnoh, Scarlet bog was central part of Crimson Mirelands in past Sinnoh. This place is prone to rainfall and thus the bogs here attract different Pokemons. As a part of our school research project of the League club we have to prepare essay on this trip.

When left on our way to Route 212 from Hearthome city, it was quite sunny but as we moved south, the weather turned out to be cloudy. The weather forecast had predicted heavy rain in Pastoria city and the parts near it.

The forecasting department is unreliable. Until yesterday, they had predicted low-mild rainfall in the city but this morning showed the heavy precipitation in the south Sinnoh.

It must be difficult for those trainers on their journey in Sinnoh who are trapped by such rains and are perhaps stuck in bogs. Some may find this adventurous.

Since, the rain was not going to stop for today, we stopped by a huge mansion owned by the owner of Amity Square in Hearthome city, Mr Backlot. The mansion had attracted viewers from all over the world due to its beautiful gardens and ponds near to the lake Valor, the temple of deity Azelf.

Inside the Mansion, there were many maids and butlers gathered in rows alongside Mr Backlot. Housekeeping of such a mansion would definitely require this amount of people. Mr Backlot had some conversation with our teacher and when almost all the students had gathered, he cleared his throat.

"Hello and welcome to my sweet home! You must have been enthralled by the beautiful entrance right? Muhohoho!"

Most of the first years were looking around as their glances were caught by beautiful statues,vases and painting on the wall. Mr Backlot's eyes sparkled.

"Er-hem! There is a lot for me to be proud of inside, and outside of this home... But what makes me the most proud is my Trophy Garden at back! Why bother travelling afar when Pokemons are attracted to my garden? They come to me in hopes of seeing the garden! When I go into my prized Trophy Garden, Pokemons come running to me! They sidle up as happy as they can be to see me!"

Mr Backlot's smile depicted how proud he was of his wonderful house.

"Well? Doesn't that make you envious? You are envious, yes?"

All of the students were confused staring at Mr Backlot. The oldest butler coughed as the silence lingered for a brief moment. Mr Backlot bursted into a laugh.

"Muhohoho! I bet you are! I knew you would be! Well? I don't mind! So! This is what happened this morning when I went into my Trophy garden. I noticed a cute-eyed Porygon which joyously ran over to me. The Porygon ran up and face me a smooch on my cheek."

Mr Backlot was blushing and the oldest butler looked worried. Backlot was explaining how Porygon ran over to him. The butler walked towards him.

"M-Master! Th-That Pokemon you mentioned... It doesn't exist in the garden..."

"Wha..."

"Pfft-!"

Ryan almost bursted into laugh.

"S-Sorry."

"Erm... Wh-what are you saying? I'm no blowhard. Listen..."

Mr Backlot muttered and whispered something to the old butler.

"Yes, Master! Right away, sir!"

The butler left away running towards the back of the mansion.

"... It's true, I tell you! No lies ever leave this lips!"