8

I kissed Ethan goodbye and watched him climb into the backseat of a yellow cab

I kissed Ethan goodbye and watched him climb into the backseat of a yellow cab. I made my way back to the table, where all four guys shot up and stood until I was seated. I chuckled at them. "Please be seated," I joked as Niall slid over to sit in Ethan's chair. 

"I'm just going to take advantage of the open spot here," he said with a cheeky smirk and sat with his arm resting on the back of my chair. I shook my head and chuckled at him, but I had to admit I wasn't finding the attention unwelcome. I was never going to admit that out loud though, since I shouldn't appreciate being looked at by anyone, except my boyfriend. But it felt good to be flirted with by these guys. Mostly because it was safe; we were just having fun and joking. They knew I was taken and Morgan was clear with them that she would castrate every single one of them for hurting me. 

We left to go to the pub. I was put in an Uber with Alli and Morgan, while the guys got their own Uber. The atmosphere was cheerful and several of us were slightly buzzed after the wine we had for dinner. 

"So tonight is kind of a distraction for Harry?" I asked Morgan as we drove through the city to the pub. 

She took a deep breath and tilted her head from side to side. "Yeah, I guess we can call it that. He seems to be doing okay for now, but we're just super focused on him and ready to catch him if he breaks." 

I felt like asking her what it was about this day specifically that made Harry so vulnerable. Most of us had been broken up with at some point in life and the date didn't necessarily hunt us every year. In time you forgot the details and you moved on. I got that he had been madly in love with this girl, but I couldn't help but wonder what had led to it being this difficult for him. 

When we got to the pub, the guys were already waiting there. Their Uber driver had known a shortcut, so they waited patiently for us outside. 

"That's just typical," Morgan grumbled as she spotted a couple of girls talking to Harry. He was leaning against a pillar, hands in his pockets calmly talking to the girls. He had a small crooked smile on his lips and when he ran his hand through his hair, one of the girls took a deep breath. It was so cliché, I thought to myself. Gorgeous man, mysterious, tattooed, possibly a little dangerous and all girls swooned.  

Morgan jumped out of the Uber and held the door open for Alli, while Liam held the door for me to crawl out. He took my hand to help me over the curb, which was kind of cute. I thanked him and nudged his shoulder. He smiled back at me and held the door to the pub for me too.

"Okay, calm down, Romeo," Niall exclaimed and linked his arm with mine. "Let me buy you a drink, lovely," he said and led me to the bar.