7

I had a nightmare

I had a nightmare. Not a new one, but the one that I had often. Willow's face distorted in pain and anger, yelling at me to fuck off and leave her alone, that I couldn't save her, if that was what I was trying to do. She hurled her phone after me and screamed for me to go and to let her be. Willow was such a beautiful girl, but at that moment, she was the ugliest thing I had ever faced. Everything that made her Willow was gone. Niall pulled on my sleeve, yelling at me to come with him, to leave her behind. I looked back at her and a piece of me hoped to see an inkling of doubt on her face. A small sign that she didn't mean it and that she just wanted me to scoop her up and take her with me. But it wasn't there. She looked at me like I was shit under her shoe.

I sat up in bed, sweating profusely and panting. When nightmares were just bad dreams it was tolerable, but when nightmares were clear memories from the past, it was difficult to shake them. It was a constant, tormenting reminder of what had happened. 

I got in the shower and washed my hair and body. I stood for a while under the running water, letting it cascade down my face and body. I was going to have to do my best to cover up the emotional strain the nightmare had left behind. I knew the guys were watching me, and if I knew Morgan right she had a direct line to one of them. She couldn't keep worrying about me always; her life needed to go on.

 She couldn't keep worrying about me always; her life needed to go on

I wasn't upset with Peyton for having a sex dream about Harry. But deep down I was worried. She had apologised so many times, but I kept telling her it wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately she wasn't that easily persuaded. 

I was working late, minding my own business when a bouquet of flowers arrived. I wasn't the flower receiving type to be honest. Not that I didn't like flowers, I just preferred giving them to others. It was a pretty bouquet and I wondered if it was Alli, who wanted to surprise me. There was a card in a small envelope, which I picked up and opened. The front of the card was a sad puppy, pouting while a tear ran down its cheek. I chuckled, finding it rather absurd. But when I opened the card I nearly collapsed of laughter. 

'I'M SO SORRY I HAD A SEX DREAM ABOUT YOUR BROTHER. P.' 

She had written it in all caps, which made me imagine her yelling it loudly. I laughed until tears streamed down my face and picked up my phone and called her.