13

I ended up spending the entire night with Morgan and Alli

I ended up spending the entire night with Morgan and Alli. We drank wine and I unravelled the less than uplifting story of my past. 

I told them about Bob, the first of my mom's boyfriends I could remember. I must have been around five or six years old, when I woke up one morning to a new addition to the family; "a new daddy", mom called him. He got me a puppy, so I initially liked him. He lasted around four weeks, and when he left he took the puppy with him. Mom told me to stop crying like a stupid baby, when she was the one, who had lost the love of her life. 

Luckily she had an infinite list of loves of her life, so when Kurt came into her life not long after, she let him watch me when she went to work at the diner. Kurt thought I was a nuisance and when I asked for food, he told me to fuck off. That resulted in me getting a bruise across the cheek, when he asked for dinner after mom came home, and I told him to fuck off. Mom told him not to hit me, but then she squeezed my arm very roughly, leaving behind a handprint on my tender skin. Then she told me never to speak to an adult like that again. 

There was a Tom for a while, who taught me how to play poker. Unfortunately he beat mom, which meant we had to move. Bert was arrested after eating dinner at the diner, and somehow mom figured she was going to save him, so she moved us closer to the prison he was held in. He died during a prisoner riot, so she mourned him for a few weeks before she met Alec. Alec promised her he would get us out of the trailer park. Through the very thin walls of our trailer home, I heard how he would promise her during passionate lovemaking that he would make sure we would live in a house before the end of the year. His wife apparently thought otherwise, but that made room for Gary. Gary suggested mom put me up for adoption and went on a cross-country motorcycle trip with him. Luckily she couldn't go through with that. So Gary drove cross-country and mom met Philip. Philip was there for most of my high school years. He was an angry and erratic man, who would become so consumed by anger over random things that he lashed out. Literally, lashed out. He beat me on several occasions and I had to go to school with long, lashes across my arms or legs. When the teachers asked what had happened, I lied and told them I fell, or that I was riding my bike and hit a fence. My English teacher, Ms. Moore, called mom once and told her that they had noticed I had a lot of bruises, and she wondered if things were okay. Mom told her everything was fine, I was just a clumsy girl. Then she ordered Philip to be more patient with me and if he needed to punish me, he could at least do it somewhere they couldn't see. So he started with the cigarette burns. I had a few scars around my body, but luckily he was arrested for grand theft auto before he found other ways of punishing me. 

Mom's last love of her life before I left for college, was Greg. Greg would stare at me all the time in a way that made me feel very uncomfortable. On several occasions he was right outside the door when I opened the door after a shower, and I was sure he looked at me through a small crack in the door. The day I left for college he hugged me and grabbed my ass while he pressed himself against me, making me gag at the feeling of the bulge in his pants against my abdomen. I never saw him again, and I hadn't seen my mom for years either. She had my number, but not my address. I never wanted to risk her finding me and coming to my home. To me, she was gone.