12

I sent Peyton a row of texts, apologising for Harry's behaviour

I sent Peyton a row of texts, apologising for Harry's behaviour. When she didn't reply I found myself getting excessively nervous. I had come to depend on her and needed her in my life, I couldn't stomach the idea of her stepping away from me, because my brother was an asshole. 

Alli came over and listened to my dilemma. I laid on the couch with my head in her lap, while she stroked my hair and just listened. I ended up telling her everything about Willow, and she shed tears with me. There were so many layers to my family and our history, and I wasn't doing well carrying it on my own anymore. Alli stroked my cheeks and promised me that she would be there to help me when things were too heavy to carry. She'd lend me her shoulders and take some of the weight. 

Peyton called me after a couple of hours. The moment her name started flashing on my screen, I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Hey," I said when I picked up. "Are you okay P?" 

"Hey. Yeah I'm okay. How are you doing?" She sounded tired, but not angry. 

"I've been worried you wouldn't talk to me, you know... Because Harry was an ass to you." I admitted and Alli nodded supportively. 

Peyton chuckled on the other end. "I love you, Morgan. Your ridiculously hot, but arrogant brother, isn't going to change that. Besides I was in the wrong, and he just called me out on it. I shouldn't have kissed Niall." 

"You kissed Niall?!" Alli exclaimed loudly, clasping her hand over her mouth. 

"It wasn't a real kiss," I said. "It was a friend-kiss, you know, like this," I gave Alli a quick peck on the lips. 

Alli nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's nothing. Don't worry about that, Peyton."

Peyton sighed deeply. "The thing is... I don't know if I can keep this up. Ethan is lovely, smart and funny. But there is zero passion, I don't even think of him and get butterflies anymore. Currently I'm just so fucking annoyed with him, I don't even think I would let him touch me. I'm... Wait, there's someone at my door. Lemme call you back in five minutes." 

I smiled at Alli and felt relief flow through me. At least Peyton and I were still good. 

***