41

Alli had made up the bed in their guest room and created such a lovely space for me

Alli had made up the bed in their guest room and created such a lovely space for me. There were fresh flowers and cute little lights to create a nice atmosphere. She had really worked on making it comfortable and nice for me to come back to. The bed was made with crisp, white linen and lots of pretty throw pillows. 

"This is really lovely," I said and smiled at Alli. "Thank you." 

"Of course, anything for you P," she said and let me have the room to myself for some peace and quiet. I sat down on the edge of the bed and looked around in the room, trying to imagine what it was going to be like going to sleep in that bed, especially knowing that Harry was right upstairs. 

I had struggled looking at him after I almost jumped him on the jet. I was out of control and if I hadn't stopped myself, I would have gone all the way just to have him so close that loneliness wasn't a possibility. 

I decided to have a shower and wash the day off, before heading to bed. I stood for a while under the running water, letting it cascade over my face until I struggled to breathe. I scrubbed my skin to wash every last bit of Kansas off me before I got out of the shower and dried off. I wrapped a towel around my head and one around my body, before I brushed my teeth and returned to my room. Alli and Morgan had already gone to bed, I figured there was some reunion sex to catch up on. 

My bedroom was at the end of the hallway and when I came closer to the door, I noticed it was ajar. I was fairly certain I had closed it when I went to the bathroom. I carefully shoved it open and there he was, sitting on the foot of the bed looking like a lost puppy. 

Harry. I sighed at the sight of him and walked in and closed the door behind me. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I let my hair loose from the towel and lightly dried it. 

"I couldn't sleep. Figured you couldn't either," he said never looking away from me. 

"I haven't tried yet," I pointed out while adding moisturizer to my face. "I'm sure I'll sleep really well. Maybe you should try some sort of sleeping pills?" 

His lips quirked up in a smirk. "Medicine won't help. I can't sleep without you." 

"I don't really see how that's my problem," I said and leaned against the vanity. I crossed my arms over my chest, making sure to really tighten my grip on the towel. 

"It isn't. It's mine. I did this." He was very calm and collected about the entire thing, as if he was completely at peace with his newfound role as the grovelling lover, who regretted his mistake. "I know you're going to make me work for it, and I'm okay with that. I just want you and if it takes the rest of my life, I'll wait." 

I chuckled and shook my head in disbelief. "Of course you won't. In the end you'll get sick of waiting for me to get over this, and you'll find some long-legged, modelesque bombshell, who'll help you forget about me."