25

The hospital room was bathed in the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the blinds. Ruhi lay in bed, her mind restless despite the exhaustion weighing down her body. She finally drifted off to sleep, her dreams pulling her into a realm where time seemed to blur and reality felt distant.

In her dream, she found herself standing in a familiar, serene garden. The air was filled with the scent of blooming flowers, and the gentle rustle of leaves created a soothing melody. She looked around, her heart suddenly heavy with a sense of longing and loss

"Ruhi," a gentle voice called out, and she turned to see her late father, Neil, standing before her, his face glowing with warmth and love.

"Dad," she whispered, tears springing to her eyes as she rushed into his open arms. "I miss you so much."

Neil hugged her tightly, his touch feeling as real as it did in her memories. "I miss you too, sweetheart. But I'm always with you, watching over you."

As she pulled back, she noticed two more familiar figures approaching. Her late maasi, Akshara, and uncle Abhimanyu walked towards her, their faces serene and comforting.

"Maasi, Chachu," Ruhi said, her voice choked with emotion. "It's so good to see you."

Akshara smiled, her eyes filled with the same kindness Ruhi remembered. "We've been watching over you, Ruhi. You're so strong and brave."

Abhimanyu nodded, his expression gentle. "You've faced so much, but you must remember to stay true to yourself."

Ruhi looked at them, her heart aching with a mix of sorrow and gratitude. "I don't know what to do. Everything is so complicated. I want to make everyone happy, but I keep making mistakes."

Neil placed a hand on her shoulder. "Ruhi, you can't live your life trying to please everyone. You have to follow your heart and do what's right for you."

Akshara stepped closer, her voice soft and reassuring. "Love isn't about sacrifice or guilt. It's about honesty and mutual respect. You need to be true to your feelings."

Abhimanyu added, "Don't let anyone manipulate you into thinking otherwise. You deserve happiness, Ruhi. Don't be afraid to fight for it."

Ruhi nodded, tears streaming down her face. "Thank you. I needed to hear this."

Neil smiled, his eyes filled with pride. "We're always here for you, even if you can't see us. Trust yourself, and know that we believe in you."

As Ruhi reached out to them, the dream began to fade. The garden, the flowers, and their faces all started to blur, slowly dissolving into the mist.

"No, don't go," Ruhi whispered, trying to hold on to the moment.

But they were already disappearing, their voices echoing softly in the air. "Stay strong, Ruhi. We love you."

Ruhi woke with a start, tears still wet on her cheeks. She lay in the hospital bed, the room now quiet and still, but she felt a newfound strength within her. Their words echoed in her mind, giving her the courage she needed to face the challenges ahead.

She took a deep breath, her heart filled with determination. She would honor their memory by being true to herself, fighting for her happiness, and never letting fear or guilt dictate her choices.

~~~~~

The morning light filtered softly through the hospital room's curtains, casting a warm glow on the white walls. Ruhi lay in bed, her body still weak from the accident but her spirit somewhat rejuvenated by the dream she had the previous night. She felt a renewed sense of purpose, though her heart still carried the weight of the situation with Reyansh and Abhira.