27

Ruhi sat on the edge of the hospital bed, her movements slow and careful. The doctors had finally decided she was well enough to go home, but her body was still weak from the accident and the surgery. Reyansh stood nearby, packing her belongings into a bag, his eyes never straying far from her.

"Ready to go?" he asked, offering her a warm smile.

Ruhi nodded, trying to return the smile despite her exhaustion. "Yes, but I'm a little nervous about the stairs at home."

Reyansh chuckled softly. "Don't worry, I've got you."

He walked over to her, offering his arm for support. As she stood up, her legs wobbled, and she felt herself start to fall. Before she could hit the ground, Reyansh was there, his arms wrapping around her waist, pulling her close.

"I've got you," he whispered, his breath warm against her ear.

For a moment, they stayed like that, her head resting against his chest, feeling the steady beat of his heart. Ruhi looked up into his eyes, gratitude and affection shining through her tiredness.

"Thank you, Reyansh," she murmured, her voice full of emotion.

Reyansh smiled down at her, his eyes filled with love. "Always."

Unbeknownst to them, Abhir stood in the doorway, watching the scene unfold. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. He could see the genuine love and care Reyansh had for Ruhi, something that had never been there for Abhira. It warmed his heart to see his sister so well cared for.

As Reyansh helped Ruhi to the wheelchair, Abhir stepped into the room. "Need some help?" he asked, his tone light but his eyes serious.

Ruhi smiled at her brother. "Thanks, Abhir. I'm just glad to be going home."

Abhir nodded, moving to help Reyansh with the bags. "It's good to have you back, Ruhi. We've missed you."

Reyansh adjusted the blanket around Ruhi's shoulders, making sure she was comfortable. "She's going to need a lot of rest, but she'll be fine."

Abhir clapped Reyansh on the shoulder. "Thank you for taking care of her. It means a lot to us."

Reyansh looked at Ruhi, his expression softening. "I wouldn't be anywhere else."

As they made their way out of the hospital, Abhir walked alongside them, feeling a sense of peace. He knew that with Reyansh by her side, Ruhi would have all the support she needed to recover. And in that moment, he was grateful for the love that had brought them all together.

~~~~~

Reyansh carefully helped Ruhi out of the car, her steps still unsteady but determined. Abhir carried her bags, his protective nature evident in every movement. As they approached the front door of the Goenka mansion, it swung open to reveal Khushi and Kunal, their faces lighting up with joy.

"Ruhi Didi!" Khushi exclaimed, rushing forward to hug her.

Kunal wasn't far behind, his eyes wide with excitement. "We missed you so much, Didi!"

Ruhi laughed softly, bending down to hug them both despite the discomfort. "I missed you too, munchkins."

Aarohi and Adhiraj appeared in the doorway, their expressions a mix of relief and happiness. Aarohi's eyes welled up with tears as she watched her daughter interact with her younger siblings.

"Welcome home, Ruhi," Adhiraj said warmly, stepping forward to help Reyansh support her.

Aarohi reached out, gently cupping Ruhi's face. "It's so good to have you back, sweetheart."