Chapter Ten (Ryder)

The next morning I was waiting down driveway for her. Luke had slept in so I snuck into his phone and gotten her number out

"Who's car is this?" She asked opening the door to my black '67 Impala.

"Mine."

"I am positive it was a BMW last night," she said with a click of her seat belt.

"This is my car," I repeated. "This I bought myself."

They were leaving back down the road, it wasn't nearly as scary in the middle of the day. "How modest, a classic muscle car fully restored," she rolled her eyes at him.

"You're so-" Ryder shook his head, shaking away the rude comment he had planned on barking at her.

"Honest?" She smirked. "I know."

Ryder turned back onto the main road, the weather was amazing and he had really been planning on going somewhere else today but he was now stuck with the witch.

"Are you going to explain?" She drummed her manicured nails on her knee.

"I figured we would make a stop somewhere."

"Like a club?" She asked.

Ryder grinned at her, amused that she was such a party animal, he himself didn't care for the scene what so ever. "No, it's the afternoon I can think of a million other things to do."

"Oh... You can?" She sounded surprised.

"Yes, originally I had plans to go to my favorite spot with a coffee and a book, but seeing how my plans have changed-" he nodded his head toward the girl.

"Hey you asked me to talk to you, buddy!"

"True," he sighed.

"Don't let me stop you, get your coffee and go to your spot, we can still talk there- can't we?"

Ryder cocked his head sideways, thinking about it. He had never taken anywhere to his spot before, not a single person in the five years he had been going there. "I S'pose," he replied, making the turn to the nearest coffee shop he knew of.

"Do you want something?" He asked as they pulled into a local chain, Amethyst nodded at him. The least he could do was try to be civilized with her.

"Macchiato," replied. "Thanks," she added with an awkward smile that scrunched her face up.

Ryder had a gotten two coffees in record time, he handed her the hot cup while storing holding his own Macchiato. Ryder explained major parts to her as he drove deeper out of the city, they had been driving for over an hour now. In that time Ryder explained his family, the laws his father had put down and his bloodline.

"So what happens if you marry someone who isn't a full blooded werewolf?" She asked curiously, she fidgeted with the radio till she found something she liked, finally settling on an oldies station. Dean Martin's 'It had to be you' hummed in the background as they talked.

"Nothing, but our children won't have the ability to control when they change," he explained honestly. "We're descendants of the first blood line, the first werewolf to exist, we don't suffer the affliction of the moon like those who have been bitten do." Ryder had taken what felt like several turns as he explained his lineage, they passed a sign that read South Downs National Park.

"You don't have to change on a full moon." She said trying to understand. Ryder had stopped the car, throwing it into park and gesturing for them to step outside.

"Now we walk," he said as he climbed out of the Impala.

He looked around, this was his second home, especially when he felt like 'wolfing out' as Gwen called it. It was sea level, six-hundred and twenty eight miles of lush green grass and more trees than anywhere in Greater London.