Chapter Twelve (Amethyst)

Amethyst had been avoiding Ryder, she hadn't answered any of his calls in the last week and she wasn't sure if she ever would again. Luna and Iris had managed to get a powerful tracking spell but it was leading them in four directions, making it very confusing for all three of them.

"There has to be more than one werewolf, that's why the spell can't get a specific location," Iris said while dropping quarts on the map.

"That would explain a lot," Luna said as she focused on the boiling pot in front of her. Amethyst stood at the kitchen table with Iris, her violet eyes bored.

"You two are suppose to be powerful," she groaned. "Tell me something I don't know!"

Iris eyed her, "Why don't you come up with something then, miss cranky face."

Luna nodded, "Please, wow us," she said with a raised brow.

Amethyst hung her head, "You both know I am magically handicapped."

Luna snorted, while Iris just looked away quickly, Amethyst glared at them both annoyed from their amusement.

"Kiddo," Iris said still staring at the map. "You're not handicapped.... You just have not bloomed yet."

"Bloomed," Amethyst snorted this time. "I have breasts, Iris. We're talking about powers here."

"Which is exactly why I make you work so hard, you're always slacking off! Have you even meditated?" Luna said with a fist to the counter top.

"No...."

"But you expect to gain full control of your gift? It's not that simple, you're special."

"Special," she groaned.

Luna flung her hands up in a dismissive way, "I give up."

Iris nodded in agreement, "Eventually you'll learn."

Amethyst grew frustrated with her adopted mother and her coven sister, they seemed to think all would be well.

"Meditation-Smetatation! Isn't there a potion I can drink to boost my powers?" She asked with a wink at Luna, who returned it with a disagreeing shake of her head.

"Give it some time," Iris said. "It's just a matter of time, Amzy."

"Fine, I have to meet Amelia, we have a project for school," she said with a frown, she was tired of being the weakest witch in the house.

"Be home by eight, we're going hunting tonight- all three of us," Luna commanded.

"That only gives us three hours!"

"That's enough time, Amz," Iris smiled. "You're the second smartest witch in this room."

"Thank you," Luna said happily.

Iris snorted, "I meant me."

Amethyst chuckled at the both of them, "I forget you two are my guardians, seriously."

Amelia picked her up about fifteen minutes later, taking her to her small cottage style home a full thirty minutes away from the Manor. This was Amethyst's first time at the house, when Amelia pulled into the stone driveway it was shocking to see the small and yet adorable cottage.

"It's just Mum, dad and I. My brother Joseph left for college and never came back," she said with a frown as they exited the car.

She opened the front door with a pink key, of course Amelia would have a custom key for her old fashion home, she was full of contradictions.

"This is nice," Amethyst said politely, she walked into the small entrance that led to a hallway or the living room.

"Thanks," she shrugged. "It's home."