A fresh start

(5 years later)

Leo's POV

It's been five years since the incident. It still baffles me that I've managed to survive, I had to. A lot has happened, good and bad, it's life that way. The only thing we can do is move on. Okay let's focus on my present life now, well currently it's going great and I hope it stays that way, I've had enough drama these past few years.

"Hey, earth to Leo!" That snapped me out of memory lane. 

I was in the middle of training with my brother, I guess I got a little distracted.

"I'm sorry. Okay, let us begin shall we," he came charged at me after. 

My brother was a martial arts fighter, mostly focusing on a style called Muay Tai. Believe it or not, he wasn't like this a few years ago.

Once he was a few centimeters away from me, I jabbed at his feet, which he easily blocked. He is pretty good at this. He tried low-kicking me but I caught his foot in time, he then shook me off and made space between us. I charged then through strong punches at him. He ducked but some kept connecting. He staggered back as the series of punches kept on coming.

He let out a roar and then kicked me hard on the abdomen. It didn't faze me much so before he could fully recover I retaliated, I performed a flying knee straight to the face which seemed to disorient him. The guy just stood there so, for the final blow, I grabbed both arms and performed a circular throw on him. He didn't get up, so I guess I won.

"Fuck, you're lucky I'm still learning," He spoke heavily panting, on the ground.

"For more than a year?" That's the lamest excuse ever.

I just gave him a soft smile. I sat down next to him and started patting his head, I loved how smooth and soft his hair was. We waited as his wounds and mine, of course, were still healing, yep, he is also a werewolf. I wasn't much of a talker like I was in the past, I spoke only with family. After about 5 minutes of waiting, we headed to the shower stalls, once we were done, we clothed and left the gym.

(30 minutes later)

Mother had asked us to pick up the twins, my other siblings. We came by car.

After waiting a little longer, the kids started pouring out of the school.

"Finally," he breathed once the twins got into the car. I just rolled my eyes.

"Hi to you too," Both the twins said together. I turned and smiled at them, we were pretty close. 

"Stop it, Aram, I'm late for my session so could you please drive? Anyway, how was your day guys?" I loved Matthew and Sophie to bits, they reminded me of what I could have had. Don't ask.

On our way to my therapist, Matthew and Sophie told me about their day, I loved listening to them.

                                                                          .....

" I'll pick you up at four alright," I nodded. I watched as the car drove off.

It was therapy time, though I made it alive, all that I went through due to the attack and living alone before meeting my adoptive parents, the Walkers, left me traumatized. I've made progress and I'm proud of myself. 

"Hello doctor Maya, how are u?" I greeted her immediately when I saw her.

"I'm great sweety, let's get started."

Maya was a bubbly person, she made you feel comfortable, and I loved her for that. We settled down.

"So how's your company doing?" she asked. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, that I own a wealthy company. It came to be from my parents' assets, I had sold their business not long after meeting the Walkers and used the money to start my own. I did that to forget, anything that reminded me of my pack triggered me a lot.

"It's thriving. I'm amazed at how it became well-known in such a short time." I loved these small talks with her. The time she took to get to know me made her good at her job, or that's her caring, maybe.

"How's lover boy doing?" My cheeks flushed, she knew how to get me. I am telling you this lady loves gossip like I said, she can make you feel like this isn't therapy.

"C-could-- could we talk about something else please," I stuttered, covering my flushed face with my hands.

She laughed at me. I was always like this whenever she brought him up.

"Okay, how are your night terrors?" 

"Since the last time we talked, they've never once shown up," I spoke in a chippy tone. Over the years, nightmares about my past have been showing up such that once I woke up, I'd attack anyone. I was this close to killing Aram and Carine, my mother. I starved myself for months, blaming myself.

We started talking about the serious stuff, blah- blah- blah we were done.

Moments later Aram came to pick me up.

"Wait, why are the twins still here, shouldn't they be home?" I was confused.

"And I thought you loved us sheesh." Sophie looked me up and down with a side eye, she was the sassiest person I know.

"We're going to a family picnic at the park, mom and Dad will be there." I just nodded and watched the scenery.

(At the park)

"Mom, Dad !!" I shouted while running toward them.

"Hello son, how are you?" Mom said. They engulfed me in an embrace. These people loved me so much.

"I'm great, anyway what are we doing here?"

"It's been such a long time since we hung out as family, thought it would be a great idea." Dad chimed in. The Walkers valued family very much.

"Go play kids, we'll call you when it's time to eat."

Just as Dad said that, the twins ran to God knows where disappearing in the trees. Aram stayed close to his parents to help while I sat on a small hill under a tree. From here, I could see almost everything and everyone in the park.

One family I saw of a couple playing with their toddler got me a little emotional. As Aram strode to where I was, I wiped away my tears quickly before he could see me. He sat down next to me with a thud.

"You know, it's been four years and still you haven't told me why you like sitting here every single time we come to the park." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"All I can say is that watching other families and their kids play brings me joy," I said then rested my head on his shoulder. His heartbeat started to pick up a bit. I looked at him with a knowing look, his face was tanned pink which made me giggle a little.

"I-I--think we should go." He didn't wait for me before he bolted down the hill. I just laughed and ran after him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ IF YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE MEETING THE WALKERS, DON'T WORRY. EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED IN DUE TIME. PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED MY STORY. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.