Memory lane

I kind of imagined Aram that way. Hope you enjoy the story!

Aram's POV

It was about 5 am when I decided to wake up. It was dark outside, the wonders of the winter season I guess. I started by drinking warm water.

As I continued sipping on the warm water, the memory of how I met Leo popped up,

"5 years ago"

My family was out on a camping trip in the forest. I was still 16 years old at the time.

I asked my parents if we could go out and explore, but unfortunately, the twins insisted on coming along. I would really prefer hanging out with them other than staying in camp and doing work.

"Where are we going?" Sophie asked holding onto my hand. She and Matthew are 13 years old.

"We're just taking a walk, but not too far from the camp."

We continued in silence from there and encountered many beautiful creatures. 

"Ooh look, a muddy puddle!" Matthew screamed out and jumped in the puddle.

Sophie and I ended up joining him. It was enjoyable. We don't usually get that close, but on rare occasions like this, it would be an exception. While we enjoyed our time in the puddle, a baby deer came out of the trees and started to play with us, but it kept a safe distance from us. Its herd was about a few meters away or so.

I suddenly stopped splashing around and listened, something wasn't right. I heard fighting in the distance and growls. What the fuck is going on? 

"Kid, go to the sound now!" A powerful voice echoed in my mind.

"W- who are you?"

"Just go!!!" I just listened to the voice and ran to where the fighting was coming from, leaving the twins behind. 

Once I arrived, I saw a white wolf battling 5 other huge wolves.

"Big brother, why did y--," I covered Matthew's mouth with my hand before he could finish the sentence.

While I was still observing what was happening, soft sounds came not far from us. I grabbed both Matthew and Sophie to the sound. A gasp came out of us when we saw 3 wolf pups. The pups were in a den or something, what the heck is going on? The pups looked less than a week old.

We heard whines as the fight continued outside.

"I think we should get them out of here, quick grab one each," I instructed the twins and left the den.

Before we could proceed further, a dusty brown wolf leaped at Sophie. As she tumbled to the ground, she accidentally dropped the wolf pup, causing it to cry from the fall.

"Sophie!" I just screamed.

The white wolf from earlier leaped out of the undergrowth and clamped its jaws onto the brown wolf's scruff. It started violently shaking its head pulling the wolf from Sophie. I took the chance to grab the crying pup and Sophie, and from there we ran. A loud whimper as if struggling to breathe came from where we were but we didn't turn back. Thud-like vibrations sounded, we were being chased.

" You have to shift," the same voice from before spoke.

"What are you talking about, I don't understand," I felt extremely bewildered and unsure of who I was conversing with.