Danger

Carine's POV (Aram's mother)

I do not know what to do. Three weeks have passed and my son's heart still aches. I have tried talking to him but nothing is working, all I know is that two men were responsible for this. I've seen Leo weak once, but this time it seems far worse than before. My thoughts say that it must be something from his past, way before we met him.

Both Noah (Aram's father) and I have wanted to bring up the topic about Leo's past, but it seemed it would be hard on him. So we just kept it to ourselves. The day Aram carried Leo into the house was still fresh in my mind,

"2 weeks ago"  (the day Leo met his mates)

It was just me and Noah in the house, no kids, and may I say it was wonderful. I was making dinner for the family when Noah sudden hugged me from the back. He gave me soft kisses on the back of my neck, they gave me slight shivers.

"And why the sudden affection?" I asked. I gave him a side glance.

"Oh come on, what's wrong with showing a little love to your mate. Plus, we haven't done it in a while," he said with a pouty face.

I gasped and chuckled lightly, then hit him on the arm. He did not just say that!

"You little bastard, two days isn't a long time," I laughed between my words. He continued his attack on my neck, it tickled. I love this man.

A car engine sounded from outside, so we took it as a sign to stop, we weren't ready to traumatize our kids. When the engine switched off, a heartbreaking cry was audible. I lightly removed myself from Noah's arms and ran outside. I sent a questioning look to why Leo was crying so much to Aram and the twins, they just shrugged, indicating they did not either.

Aram placed Leo on the ground so that he could into the house, but he just dropped on his knees and continued crying. I ran toward him and cupped his face with my hands. Looking at him close, his eyes were very puffy, goodness, how long has he been crying?

"My son. What have they done?" I said as I stroked his head. He then hugged me, but stayed silent.

When Noah finally came out of the house, he approached us. "Come on, let's get you to your room," He said, then hoisted him in his arms and proceeded to take him to his room (Leo's room).

After Leo was settled in his room, I asked him what was wrong, but he just shook his 'no'.

"Could you please leave alone," He said. His voice was so small, I wouldn't have heard it. I took a deep sigh, then kicked everyone out of the room. Aram tried to fight against the idea, but I just said no.

"He'll talk to us when he is ready. Until then, we wait," I said to Aram.

"The end of flashback"

"Later on the present day"

Sophie's POV 

Right, I am in front of Leo's room. Mom had asked me to bring Leo food. I don't know how many times I was asked to do this, I get it, he hadn't eaten in over two weeks but forcing him wouldn't help anybody. It still worries me though. 

I knocked on the door, "Leo, can I please come in," I waited for a response but got none. I just sighed and opened the door. He was seating on the balcony, staring at the cloudy night.

"It's a full moon, will you go on the runs you usually do with Aram?" He just looked at me and gave a nod. Over the past few days he became mute, I don't want to admit it, but I miss his voice.

"Everything will work okay, you just have to be patient," I gave him a small smile and left the room.

"I don't think it will," I heard me say before fully living his room.

" About 11 PM"

Aram's POV

I was running in my wolf form, Leo not far behind. Every full moon, we'd take ourselves out and spend time with each other. The runs were always the main highlights of my year, but this time it was different because of the current situation.

Right now, we were tracking a deer to hunt, it's part of the culture we had made over the many years we've been doing this. As you probably know, my wolf is the best tracker, so I took the lead on this one. 

'Finally!' I had caught a scent of a buck nearby, so I signaled Leo to follow me which he did.

When the mouth watering buck was few meters away from us, Leo took his position to aid in the chase I was about to start. Because of his white fur, he is easy to spot, so I lead the prey towards him instead, to which he would finish off.  

Before I could even do anything, the buck started thrashing around as if it was possessed. It really freaked me out. In less than a few seconds, it dropped dead. I sniffed the air to check for any intruders, but it was just me and Leo. 

I shifted back into a human and approached the carcass. Yes, I'm but naked right now.

"Leo, where are you. It's safe to come out. I think." I shouted to Leo, from where he was.

From the bushes came an animalistic growl unlike anything I have ever heard, and Leo's emerged wolf. His mouth was foaming, and he was moving slowly toward me, his once blue eyes now one color each, violet and red. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that nearly every part of his body was blackened, including his white coat with a brown fur patch at the back. He appears to have been doused in black paint.

"L-Leo, dude, are you okay?" I asked. Something about whatever this thing is rose fear I have never felt from anything and anyone, not even the two alphas.

The wolf in front of me did not respond, it kept on shortening the distance between us little by little. My body started violently shivering, this is definitely not right.

"Is this really Leo, Liam?" I am mentally connected. Nothing, nothing at all, not even a reaction, not my wolf's presence. It was time for me to leave this place!

Immediately, when I turned to run, stabbing pains erupted all over my body.