Chapter 23

The boys pulled up to the building, and they viewed the crowded place. Sam turned to witness his brother exiting the Impala. Instantly, he knew what was on his brother's mind.

"Dean, you can't be serious!" Sam questioned, concerned.

"My thoughts exactly!" Cas agreed.

Sam watched his older brother march through the doors. At that point, Sam and Cas descended out of the car and followed him. They quickly ran to catch up to him.

"What?" Dean asked, in a hasty tone.

"You're breaking into a wedding? So, when did you become a nuptial crasher?" Sam probed, sarcastic.

"Sammy, I need to talk to her! I can't wait anymore!!" Dean declared and Sam shook his head.

"I'll be right back!" Cas put forth and disappeared.

"Cas, where are you going?" Sam requested, as he pivoted around to face him.

"Too late, Sam!" Dean emphasized.

When they opened the door, they saw all eyes were on them. Sam cleared his throat, so Dean would say something.

"Hi! How are you all doing this evening?" Dean implied and smiled innocently.

Melody observed his display and darted to him. Next, she tugged him to the side. Then, she announced the following:

"Nothing to see here, folks! Carry on."

After that, she took her attention to Dean and said.

"Good grief, Dean! You can't wait, can you?!" With that she grasped hold of his hand and led him out of the room.

Sam was going to follow them; except he was halted by Willow and Fancy. The women had tapped their feet repeatedly, waiting for an answer for the interruption.

Thereupon, Melody had reached outside near an alley way and beseeched.

"What?! You want to talk, let's talk!" Melody thundered, as she let go of his hand.

"Tell me why-we can't be together?" Dean quizzed.

"Because-" Melody whispered.

"You're gonna have to convince me better than that!" Dean indicated.

"How about I show you?!" Melody replied, as worry grew inside her.

"Show me?" Dean challenged, puzzled.

Dean leered at Melody as she touched her dolphin necklace, and seconds Mystic stood where Melody previously did.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Dean exhorted, furiously.

"See, I knew you would act like this!" Mystic stated, resentfully.

"It can't be!?" Dean blurted, astounded.

"It is! I knew all along who you were and your job, Dean. Let me introduce myself, I'm Mystic, a warrior of Justice."

Dean was filled with anger. He still couldn't believe it. Why didn't he figure this out sooner?

"Why is the monster calling for you?" Dean pressed, vexed.

At this point, he had extracted his gun and edged it at her temple.

"I have no idea!" Mystic confessed in panic.

"You're lying! I knew you were no good witches!" Dean vocalized, as he glided the tip end of his gun against her scalp.

"Please, Dean! You want to talk?! Right? So, let's talk!" Mystic suggested.

"Talk?! Yeah, okay!?" Dean spouted, as he still held the gun to her noggin.

Meanwhile, behind a wall the half human mechanism creature stood quiet. She had found Mystic, and her boss would be very pleased.

The reception was over, and the guests were leaving, after saying their goodbyes, even the Tsukinos were also departing. Serena and Darien had just shared a kiss and were about to speak to the other, when her communicator went off.

"Just great! DAMN IT!" Serena attested in a moan. "Wait! Has anyone seen Luna or Artemis?"

"Sure haven't! Well, Serena, we both figured it would happen." Darien proclaimed in a joke.

"Serena here! The villain is out back?! Right! On our way!" She disclosed and closed the lid on the small device.

Serena and Darien nodded toward one another.

"What the hell is that?" Fancy, now Fireic inquired.

"Beats me!" Willow, now Windamtic responded.

The vermin was made of steel material, yet it had human characteristics. It has deep purple eyes that matched the dress it was worn. Its blonde hair is lifted to one side on its pate. The creature kept repeating, "Mystic?!"

"Hey tin bucket! Up here!" Sailor Moon cited, as she clapped her hands together; to get the brute's attention. The fierce heroine added. "How dare you destroy other people's night! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"

"Hi, there Ms. Moon! My name is Purple eyes 04. I'm looking for Mystic!"

"It's Mrs. Moon!" Sailor Moon corrected.

"Why in the hell do you want Mystic?" Windamtic queried, angry.

"None of your business!" Purple eyes 04 answered, and tried to escape, but a single rose stopped her.

Swiftly, she took her small robotic foot and mashed the blossom. "HAHAHA! A pretty flower will NOT stop me!" The atrocity imparted in a wicked voice and disappeared.

"Shit!" Fireic put into words.

"We better find Mystic and fast!" Windamtic mentioned.

"I'll call the Scouts!" Sailor Moon alleged, as she got out her transmitter.

Finally, the defenders had transformed and were there. They discussed what needed to be done about this automaton- like creature. Sailor Moon wouldn't bother the outer soldiers, unless she had to.

Sailor Moon pointed to the left and instructed Windamtic, Fireic and Venus to go that way. Tuxedo Mask and herself bounded to the right side. Jupiter, Mars, and Mercury ran towards the back of the complex to make sure that fiend wasn't in there. They nodded in agreement.

"If any of us come up on the creature, call! Got it!?" Sailor Moon ordered.

"Got it!" The group called back.

"DEAN! Please!" Mystic pleaded once more.

At that instant, she tapped her necklace, and she was Melody again. "There, is that much better?! I love you Dean!"

"AHH! Son of a bitch!" Dean verbalized and removed his gun. "Why?"

"Why, what?" Melody posited. "Why am I a witch-warrior that has fallen in love with you?"

That statement made Dean glanced up at her.

"Witches are evil!" Dean remarked.

"Not all of them! Honestly, there's not many of us good ones left!"

"Now, I understand what Cas was talking about!" Dean commented.

"Yes, and it's true! A hunter and a witch-warrior must not be together. It's forbidden. The reason is, a long time ago they had troubles, doesn't mean we will. Nonetheless, other lurkers might not understand!? Also, we don't choose our paths. We are guided. Another reason, they say to not get involved with anyone, including venators."

"Wow! I have no idea! Well, it's too late for that now." Dean admitted, confoundedly.

"You mean, you have fallen in love with me?" Melody implored.

"Apparently!" Dean rejoined, with that they both chuckled.

Suddenly, a scream echoed through the venue. Dean and Melody looked at one another.