Chapter 27

Morning had arrived and Darien was the first one to be up, soon after Serena. He walked over to start the espresso machine, while Serena fetched the cups.

"So glad she's resting, ain't you?" Serena quizzed.

"Hm? Oh, yes." Darien answered, yet he was in his own world.

Dean was woken by the smell of the coffee being brewed. He gently rose not to disturbed Melody. It wasn't long, until Melody was up. However, her gashes made it hard for her to do so. Due to this, she screamed in agony.

"MELODY?" Serena, Darien and Dean spoke in unison.

"I'm good!" Melody whispered.

"No, you're not!" Dean reported.

"Damn Neconda! I will make him pay!" Darien commented.

In Dean's mind he complied with Darien's threat.

Serena clutched her pink communicator and told the girls to scout the city. She also requested for Amy to come by, for Melody's condition wasn't improving.

The discomfort was too much for Melody, thus it led her to be unconscious.

Darien had returned from getting an ice pack for her. He placed it into the bowl to thaw some and imparted

"Dean, bring her in here!"

Dean did as he was instructed. They entered the other guest bedroom. He had fixed this quarters when Rini was here, that was the last time of its usage.

"Melody is in more pain than she leads on?!" Darien declared, as Dean positioned her fragile frame on the bed.

"Melody requires relaxation, pronto! Maybe the more serenity she gets, the faster she'll heal." Dean concluded. He needed to keep busy. He squeezed her hand and kissed her forehead. "Don't leave me, Melody! I love you!"

The two men came out of the leeway. Darien stood in the living room, while Dean headed towards the door.

"Where do you think you are going?" Darien exhorted, enraged at Dean's abrupt maneuver of fleeing.

"I'm gonna to kill this son of a bitch! Enough is enough!" Dean riposted and Darien nodded in agreement.

Serena had checked on Melody's wounds and something was odd about them. After one had mended, another slice appeared on her skin.

"Hey guys! You better look at this!" Serena yelled out. The men quickly bolted into Melody's chambers.

"What the hell?" Dean verbalized, confused.

"That Bastard!" Darien thundered.

"He's not done with her, yet. Must be part of the spell!" Serena guessed.

At that point, Serena got up and soaked a towel in warm soapy water. Imminently, she put the cloth fabric on the cuts.

Darien turned to the Dean, who couldn't take it anymore.

"I will be back! Keep her safe!" Dean asserted, as he vamoose afterwards.

In the open-air, Dean had made it to the Impala and phoned Sam. "Hey Sam...There's more to this than what we thought...I will...Meet you there!" He hung up and proceeded in the direction given to him.

"Darien, what are we gonna do?" Serena questioned, in panic.

"Serena, I have no idea? Just don't give up! As long as we can stop the bleeding, she'll be fine!" Darien suggested.

In a blue light, Melody opened her eyes and scanned around. She realized the irritation was gone. What section was she in? Melody saw a small mirror and took hold of it. Consequently, she lifted her red-stained shirt. She had expected to see the cut to leak blood as she peeled off the material, instead there was a paper-thin scar. Ensuingly, she put her shirt down and went to find someone.

Darien and Serena were seated in the lounge. Serena and Darien, both had a stunned expression to see Melody's appearance.

"Melody?" They both beseeched, as they got up to hug her.

"Where's Dean?" Melody implored in despair.

"He left!" Darien announced.

"What do you mean, he left?" Melody ordered.

"He said he would be back," Serena alleged.

Melody swiftly grabbed her phone and called Dean's number. Despite the attempt, all she got was his electronic message.

Suddenly, she felt dizzy and flopped to the nearest chair to her.

"I'll get Amy!" Serena replied, as she spotted Melody's unexpectedly paleness.

After Amy had checked her out. She had told Melody that staying put and plenty of restoration would be best, while Amy began her research for a cure. Melody appreciated the help, except she was eager to get away! To get some fresh air. Melody suspected of being contaminated.

Later on, Melody sneaked externally. Once she was outside, Melody was relieved at no longer being smothered. Sam had texted her the address of where Dean was at, and she immediately darted to those coordinates.

When Melody analyzed the scene, liquid flooded her eyes. There on the ground held up by Sam was Dean's lifeless body. She noticed water droplets also fell down from Sam's cheeks.

"What happened Sam?" Melody asked, her speech hoarse.

"I'm not sure?! First, he was talking, and the next he was crunched over. Followed by him shouting from the ache and calling loudly your name!" Sam mentioned.

"I perceived what transpired!" Melody confessed.

This made Sam glanced up at her, she then continued with. "He's tainted!"

"Poisoned?!"

"Yes, from me. I didn't sense I was, or I wouldn't have kissed him."

Subsequently, a black puff appeared. It was Neconda, he had been watching them from afar.

"Oh-poor, Melody! You didn't recognize that all along you were your sweetheart's downfall!" Neconda relayed with a sneer, but gently put his hand on her shoulder.

Melody brushed his hand off and demanded, "What do you want Neconda?"

"Just to make you happy, Gorgeous!" Neconda responded and added. "Seeing how you are not. I have a proposition?"

"NECONDA, YOU ARE THE REASON MELODY AND DEAN ARE IN THIS MESS!" Sam yelled boomingly.

"Tsk, Tsk. Sam, it isn't nice to be rude to someone offering help to save your brother's life." Neconda conveyed, as he moved his pointed finger back and forth with his words.

"Sure, whatever!" Sam muttered. He turned to Melody and implied in a warning tone. "Don't accept or trust him! It's a trick!"

"What do you propose, Neconda?" Melody inquired.

"You see- I have the only cure!" Neconda remarked.

"YEAH!? WHATEVER! ALL OF THIS WAS YOUR PLAN FROM THE START!" Sam vocalized furiously.

"Now, now Sam!" Neconda rejoined.

By and by with a wave of magic, he slapped Sam's mouth with a piece of duct tape.

"Here." Neconda cited, as he threw a clear pouch with a tiny jar bottle to Melody. Which she caught and stared at.

"You can have that, on one condition!" Neconda stated, as he lifted the bag up into the air. "Join me, Melody and the bag is yours!"

Neconda exhibited and extended his hand for a deal. "You can have the antidote only at this request. There is enough for you and Dean. Don't do this and well Dean will die!"

"Don't listen to him!" Sam attested, as he cautioned her. After he had extracted the tape off.

"Melody, you know I have not lied to you!" Neconda retorted.

Melody teared up; she couldn't believe the distasteful choices in front of her. She peeked at Sam, who was still holding Dean. At that instant, Sam peeped up and instantly knew what she was going to do.